Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
SAYLOR CS302: Software Engineering - TESU transfer - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: SAYLOR CS302: Software Engineering - TESU transfer (/Thread-SAYLOR-CS302-Software-Engineering-TESU-transfer)

SAYLOR CS302: Software Engineering - TESU transfer - onlinelearner99 - 06-08-2021

Hello everyone, I know in the past, that this course did not transfer into TESU (it was past the end date).

It says there is a renewal for this course from SAYLOR. Does anyone know if TESU will transfer in this course currently?

Thanks

RE: SAYLOR CS302: Software Engineering - TESU transfer - Flelm - 06-08-2021

I don't see it on TESU or Saylor's list. You'd probably have to contact TESU directly unless someone else has transferred it.

SAYLOR CS302: Software Engineering - TESU transfer - jch - 06-08-2021

This course now has an active ACE recommendation again. However, Saylor still has not relaunched the direct credit proctored exam.

Because this course is highly similar to a few other things I just completed, and because I have access to a free proctor at my local library, I intend to give the exam a shot as soon as it launches. I'll let everyone know how it transfers.

RE: SAYLOR CS302: Software Engineering - TESU transfer - Ideas - 01-22-2022

(06-08-2021, 11:33 AM)jch Wrote: This course now has an active ACE recommendation again. However, Saylor still has not relaunched the direct credit proctored exam.  

Because this course is highly similar to a few other things I just completed, and because I have access to a free proctor at my local library, I intend to give the exam a shot as soon as it launches. I'll let everyone know how it transfers.

Did you transfer this course?

SAYLOR CS302: Software Engineering - TESU transfer - jch - 01-24-2022

I did attempt the exam with their new proctoring service but failed miserably. The credit exam is much harder than the certificate version, plus it has Saylor's usual nonsensical phrasing and questionable answers. I'll try this again eventually.

RE: SAYLOR CS302: Software Engineering - TESU transfer - rachel83az - 01-24-2022

Don't ACE/NCCRS review the exam questions before recommending a course for credit? I noticed a few similar issues with OnlineDegree's history course. Nothing quite so bad as to prevent a student from passing, but I do remember a handful of head scratchers. I know that if I were paying thousands of dollars to get a course approved, I'd expect more than (what sometimes feels like) a cursory glance at the syllabus.

RE: SAYLOR CS302: Software Engineering - TESU transfer - LevelUP - 01-24-2022

(01-24-2022, 02:51 PM)jch Wrote: I did attempt the exam with their new proctoring service but failed miserably. The credit exam is much harder than the certificate version, plus it has Saylor's usual nonsensical phrasing and questionable answers. I'll try this again eventually.

I got a 55% on the certification exam.  I just zipped through the test in 30 min with zero studying to see what I knew for fun.

Lots of SDLC, object-orientated programming, and chart stuff.

Everything seemed pretty basic on the certification exam.  Sucks that the credit exam is much harder.

RE: SAYLOR CS302: Software Engineering - TESU transfer - Pats20 - 01-24-2022

So did anyone find out if this transfers into tesu for their software engineering course ?

RE: SAYLOR CS302: Software Engineering - TESU transfer - Ideas - 01-24-2022

(01-24-2022, 05:19 PM)Pats20 Wrote: So did anyone find out if this transfers into tesu for their software engineering course ?

I believe they started treating it as LL a long time, but there were complaints about its difficulty back then too. I haven't seen anyone post about transferring this course.