Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Harvard Graduate School of Education launches online Ed.M - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Harvard Graduate School of Education launches online Ed.M (/Thread-Harvard-Graduate-School-of-Education-launches-online-Ed-M)

Harvard Graduate School of Education launches online Ed.M - collegecareerstudent - 06-23-2021

I just got this e-mail from HGSE! They offered a masters in education once online before. It's great they now are having a permanent online program. They write:

To prepare and support a new generation of education leaders seeking to expand their impact at a critical time in the field, the Harvard Graduate School of Education has announced the launch of an online master’s program for established education professionals.

The new online Master’s in Education Leadership will allow working educators to pursue an HGSE Ed.M. without disrupting commitments to family, career, or community. This 24-month, part-time program is designed for education professionals with at least seven years of work experience. Through a combination of asynchronous and live elements, this career-embedded online program will enable educators to make an immediate impact in their current education context.

As part HGSE’s online Ed.M. community, participants will engage with our world-renowned faculty and build a life-long professional network. They’ll participate in a thoughtfully crafted curriculum anchored in both foundational knowledge and core competencies in education leadership, and they’ll also complete pathway-specific courses to advance their leadership in preK-12 education or higher education.

The online Master’s in Education Leadership complements HGSE’s longstanding residential master’s program and enables us to prepare an even wider array of educators for transformative leadership to serve learners everywhere.

If you, or anyone you know, is interested in learning more about this new opportunity, please visit our degrees website, reach out to an admissions representative, or fill out this “Introduce Yourself” form.

Sincerely,
The Professional Education Team
The Harvard Graduate School of Education

RE: Harvard Graduate School of Education launches online Ed.M - Alpha - 06-23-2021

I think this is the first 100% online degree that Harvard has ever offered
HGSE Launches Online Master’s in Education Leadership | Harvard Graduate School of Education

RE: Harvard Graduate School of Education launches online Ed.M - sanantone - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 05:43 PM)Alpha Wrote: I think this is the first 100% online degree that Harvard has ever offered
HGSE Launches Online Master’s in Education Leadership | Harvard Graduate School of Education

They've had an online public health program for a while, but this is still exciting.

RE: Harvard Graduate School of Education launches online Ed.M - Alpha - 06-23-2021

Yes, you're right.  Here it is
MPH in Epidemiology – Online and On Campus – Admissions (harvard.edu)

RE: Harvard Graduate School of Education launches online Ed.M - collegecareerstudent - 06-24-2021

Technically, this year, all extension school degrees are fully online since we're prohibited from returning to campus, so if students are interested in a degree from the extension school, through this spring it's 100% to take live, online classes at set times and have those count as their on campus requirement, making it fully possible to finish 100% online- which is what I'm doing.

Regarding the graduate school of education specifically, normally, M.EDs at HGSE are around 58-72k per year, so I imagine the part time program, online, spaced out via two years may be slightly more financially sustainable. That's the hope. I may apply.

I had to dig about this, but actually this degree doesn't appear it's fully online. There are two residential periods students must attend.