Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU BSBA Finance - FINISHED! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU BSBA Finance - FINISHED! (/Thread-TESU-BSBA-Finance-FINISHED)

Pages: 1 2

TESU BSBA Finance - FINISHED! - bigrivergroup - 06-28-2021

I finished my last 2 classes (Capstone and Fundraising for Non-Profits), paid my fees, applied for graduation in September. It's been an interesting ride since 2018 and were it not for COVID, I wouldn't have completed this degree given I only had three classes completed from 2018 to March 2020. That said once I got momentum and confidence the train wasn't going to stop.

This forum with some of the strategies and advice that I've encountered have helped immensely. Now I'm moving on to a Master's in the fall to continue the journey.

Keep going, don't stop. There are so many success stories in these groups.

Big Big Grin

RE: TESU BSBA Finance - FINISHED! - rachel83az - 06-28-2021

Awesome! Congratulations on finishing your degree!

RE: TESU BSBA Finance - FINISHED! - ss20ts - 06-28-2021

Congratulations!

RE: TESU BSBA Finance - FINISHED! - Dorothy44 - 06-28-2021

Congratulations!! Thank you for your response to my question too.

RE: TESU BSBA Finance - FINISHED! - cerich67 - 06-28-2021

(06-28-2021, 02:30 PM)bigrivergroup Wrote: I finished my last 2 classes (Capstone and Fundraising for Non-Profits), paid my fees, applied for graduation in September. It's been an interesting ride since 2018 and were it not for COVID, I wouldn't have completed this degree given I only had three classes completed from 2018 to March 2020. That said once I got momentum and confidence the train wasn't going to stop.

This forum with some of the strategies and advice that I've encountered have helped immensely. Now I'm moving on to a Master's in the fall to continue the journey.

Keep going, don't stop. There are so many success stories in these groups.

Big Big Grin

Congratulations! Welcome to TESU Class of 21!

RE: TESU BSBA Finance - FINISHED! - Cofffeee - 06-29-2021

Congrats. Great job

RE: TESU BSBA Finance - FINISHED! - P226mem - 06-29-2021

Congratulations! well done.

RE: TESU BSBA Finance - FINISHED! - bjcheung77 - 07-01-2021

Interesting, I haven't seen anyone use "Fundraising" as a Finance course! Great going, you got the job done! As long as TESU approves the course, that's what matters! I look forward to your next journey and educational adventure!

RE: TESU BSBA Finance - FINISHED! - Supermind - 07-01-2021

Congratulations!

RE: TESU BSBA Finance - FINISHED! - bigrivergroup - 09-17-2021

I promised that I would post my plan and final Eval -- 9/17 is the day that degrees show up on transcripts for September graduation -- Overall it looks like I received my undergrad business degree under $10k, which is great. Many will scoff at a degree that doesn't cost $100k, but I also know how hard I worked to get everything done, especially as a business owner and middle-aged adult. Plus I'm paying full tuition for a Master's program at a fairly prestigious school, Yeshiva Univ.

I think the only small regret I had was not taking the TESU Advanced Financial Management course instead of the Fundraising for Non-Profits. Non-Profits was a great class but going into my finance-oriented Master's in Real Estate, I could've used a little more practice with relevant topics. The danger of knocking out a degree is that some things might not stick due to lack of practice and comprehensive learning on topics. I'd say the more practice the better..especially with finance. I also had to make a choice back in April that in order to graduate in Sept, I needed to take the Non-Profit course because of its availability or I could wait for the AFM course and graduate in December. That would push my Grad school plans to Spring 2022..which was a long way off at that point.

Anyway, I hope my plan and notes help anyone on their journey. You'll see in my Eval, they kept my Criminal Investigation course at community college. That was the 1st college course I took after graduating high school in 1987.   Big Grin

See you in the Grad forum.