Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Help!!!! I'm new to TESU any pointers to Graduate quick - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Help!!!! I'm new to TESU any pointers to Graduate quick (/Thread-Help-I-m-new-to-TESU-any-pointers-to-Graduate-quick)

Pages: 1 2

Help!!!! I'm new to TESU any pointers to Graduate quick - Duchb22 - 07-26-2021

Hey guys, I am new to TESU.  I am transferred in from an online Community College that I was able to obtain my associates degree in Liberal Arts.  Now I am enrolled in the (BA .LSCOS) and considering a cyber security certificate I have a total of 68 transferable credits. Help me understand the quickest pathway please.  Big Grin

RE: Help!!!! I'm new to TESU any pointers to Graduate quick - ROYISAGIRL - 07-26-2021

(07-26-2021, 12:02 PM)Duchb22 Wrote: Hey guys, I am new to TESU.  I am transferred in from an online Community College that I was able to obtain my associates degree in Liberal Arts.  Now I am enrolled in the (BA .LSCOS) and considering a cyber security certificate I have a total of 68 transferable credits. Help me understand the quickest pathway please.  Big Grin
You may want to post what credits you have, where they are from i.e. community college, straighterline, etc. And if they are Regionally accredited or nationally accredited courses.

RE: Help!!!! I'm new to TESU any pointers to Graduate quick - bjcheung77 - 07-26-2021

Review this thread post and template, to help you more, we need more details: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-New-to-DegreeForum-How-this-Area-works?pid=335173#pid335173

RE: Help!!!! I'm new to TESU any pointers to Graduate quick - Duchb22 - 07-26-2021

(07-26-2021, 12:28 PM)Hey bjcheung77 Wrote: Review this thread post and template, to help you more, we need more details: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-New-to-DegreeForum-How-this-Area-works?pid=335173#pid335173
Got it thank you will post shortly

RE: Help!!!! I'm new to TESU any pointers to Graduate quick - Duchb22 - 07-26-2021

(07-26-2021, 12:26 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 12:02 PM)Duchb22 Wrote: Hey guys, I am new to TESU.  I am transferred in from an online Community College that I was able to obtain my associates degree in Liberal Arts.  Now I am enrolled in the (BA .LSCOS) and considering a cyber security certificate I have a total of 68 transferable credits. Help me understand the quickest pathway please.  Big Grin
You may want to post what credits you have, where they are from i.e. community college, straighterline, etc. And if they are Regionally accredited or nationally accredited courses.

The credits are from a regional accredited community college. Thank you

RE: Help!!!! I'm new to TESU any pointers to Graduate quick - allvia - 07-26-2021

You have a science with lab complete and Spanish 1 already done - so I'll be the first to ask - have you considered UPMI? They have a Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Management Information Systems that might interest you - roll that up to a WGU MS Cybersecurity and Information Assurance later on.

(07-26-2021, 03:37 PM)allvia Wrote: You have a science with lab complete and Spanish 1 already done - so I'll be the first to ask - have you considered UPMI? They have a Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Management Information Systems that might interest you - roll that up to a WGU MS Cybersecurity and Information Assurance later on.

No I haven't, but I am open to all avenues pertaining to liberal studies, computer science, and cyber security.

RE: Help!!!! I'm new to TESU any pointers to Graduate quick - LevelUP - 07-26-2021

You could do BA liberal studies at TESU and also go for the Associate's Computer Science as well.  Won't cost you much more to do both.

(07-26-2021, 04:31 PM)LevelUP Wrote: You could do BA liberal studies at TESU and also go for the Associate's Computer Science as well.  Won't cost you much more to do both.
To fulfill some credits. I had planned to take some courses within  Study.com that would apply.  Are there any others that you would suggest?

RE: Help!!!! I'm new to TESU any pointers to Graduate quick - bjcheung77 - 07-26-2021

You have 68 credits, I highly recommend before starting to take courses, to decide on the degree and the school. Take some time to decide before taking courses, if you have signed up for Sophia.org, they're the best option for lower level credits and for upper level credits, Study.com is the recommended provider. I highly suggest getting some certs, the degree you're looking for and some experience... So, do the FREE TEEX Cyber Security, $49 Google IT Support Professional, $49 Google Automation with Python, you've got a pretty good "knowledge base" to show for on your CV/Resume.

I suggest one of two options right now: 1) TESU, if you're looking to get the BALS with Comp Sci, you can. I suggest to add the CIS Cert also by taking all the required courses at Study.com, remember - don't take any courses at TESU unless it's the 16-18 credits for residency waiver OR the cornerstone/capstone combo, it depends what you're looking for and your situation.

2) Another option is, UMPI - Get an AALS and a BLS with MIS concentration minor. This combo is not on the YourPace website, but because you have an Associates, you can see if they allow you to get this using the YourPace courses. I've asked and was informed by one of the people working at the registers office, they can treat it the same way. Again, different degree for a different situation...