Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Cheapest way to apply/enroll at TESU - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Cheapest way to apply/enroll at TESU (/Thread-Cheapest-way-to-apply-enroll-at-TESU)

Cheapest way to apply/enroll at TESU - dzaloum - 08-25-2021

Hello, I am wondering the cheapest way to apply and enroll at TESU. My main question is:

Can I complete BOTH the application and enrollment when I buy one TECEP exam (say, the $50 one LL credit Med Terminology exam)?
Do I need to pay the $50 application fee BEFORE signing up for the TECEP?
Is there a workaround where you sign up for the TECEP as a non-matriculated student, and then switch to an enrolled student after the TECEP?

I believe I read on here somewhere that all you need to do is buy one TECEP and that's it. But now I'm reading conflicting opinions and can't find where I first saw that.

Thanks for any help you can provide  Smile

RE: Cheapest way to apply/enroll at TESU - rachel83az - 08-25-2021

There is a $50 application fee whether you just want to take TECEPs or you want to be a fully enrolled student. The fee for TECEPs is separate. In order to become a fully enrolled student, the minimum cost is $100 ($50 application, $50 TECEP). Unfortunately, there is no way around that.

The closest way to a work-around would be to do something like pay for an English Comp exam and take that. This way, you're killing multiple birds with one stone.
1. You're becoming a fully-enrolled student.
2. You're getting English Comp credit.
3. You're getting 3 credits for the RA credit requirement.

$150 isn't a bad price to pay for all that!

RE: Cheapest way to apply/enroll at TESU - dzaloum - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 11:35 AM)rachel83az Wrote: There is a $50 application fee whether you just want to take TECEPs or you want to be a fully enrolled student. The fee for TECEPs is separate. In order to become a fully enrolled student, the minimum cost is $100 ($50 application, $50 TECEP). Unfortunately, there is no way around that.

The closest way to a work-around would be to do something like pay for an English Comp exam and take that. This way, you're killing multiple birds with one stone.
1. You're becoming a fully-enrolled student.
2. You're getting English Comp credit.
3. You're getting 3 credits for the RA credit requirement.

$150 isn't a bad price to pay for all that!

I'm assuming I have to pay the $50 application on top of the $150 TECEP for $200 total, right?

This is one instance I can find where someone said you can take a TECEP without applying... is that by being a visitor/non-matriculated student? Do you have to pay the $50 application fee when you DO become a matriculated student?

RE: Cheapest way to apply/enroll at TESU - rachel83az - 08-25-2021

That post is one person saying you can (and being mistaken) and others pointing out that you cannot. If you visit the non-matriculated link in the last post in that thread, you'll see that TESU does indeed require that you pay the $50 application fee no matter what.

So, yes, there is no way to get out of the application fee. If you can't afford $100 right now, you can apply and you'll be in applicant status for 12 months. You'll only get two credit evaluations, but that will at least give you some time to get the other $50 or $150 for the TECEP.

RE: Cheapest way to apply/enroll at TESU - LevelUP - 08-26-2021

Once you are a fully enrolled student, there are benefits such as getting like 50% off of Amazon Prime and Spotify as well as getting Microsoft Office for free.

It sort of pays for itself.

RE: Cheapest way to apply/enroll at TESU - bjcheung77 - 09-01-2021

I got a little confused on what we're trying to do here, if you want to apply to TESU, do so, get 2 evaluations for $50 and that will last you an entire 6 months (or whatever the time frame is). Enrollment is different than applying, being enrolled doesn't do anything for you, it just indicates you're taking courses or exams, and the mentioned benefits above.

You need to know where you stand and what you need to start your degree and finish it. Do you have many transfer credits already? If you want to see where you stand in terms of credits, $50 is all you need, you can enroll if you feel TESU academic evaluation is what you're looking at, then start taking courses that can't be completed through alternative methods.

RE: Cheapest way to apply/enroll at TESU - Cofffeee - 09-04-2021

If u are an international student u cant enroll in anything unless u have TOEFL and so on , or ENG Com 1 from RA University as a substitute. Just in case if u r an international student