Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General "Big 3", B&M colleges, and other colleges (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Big-3-B-M-colleges-and-other-colleges)
+--- Thread: New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business (/Thread-New-ASU-ULC-CIS-308-Advanced-Excel-in-Business)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business - jch - 09-28-2021

While browsing through the ASU ULC student portal, I discovered a new course - CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business. It's not listed on the public website yet - only on the add courses screen. Here's the course description PDF. This is the first upper-level course at ASU ULC, and it builds on the spreadsheet skills from CIS 105. It's in an eight-week instructor-paced format starting in January 2022.  

This could be an intriguing course for many business majors and professionals. I'll definitely be giving this one a shot, as I need to build my excel proficiency. Several of my family members who struggle to use spreadsheets in their workplace may even do this with me.

RE: New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business - rachel83az - 09-28-2021

I'm also tempted to take this one. It looks quite useful.

RE: New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business - MNomadic - 09-28-2021

That is welcome news and I hope it leads to more classes being added(especially UL). I'm sure they chose this one because many people would find benefit in taking it besides just people pursuing an undergrad, therefore expanding their potential market.

RE: New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business - dfrecore - 09-28-2021

I'm going to guess that this course won't be able to be used in most degrees (it's generally a Free Elective), BUT since it's only $25 to take the course, it's a great idea to take it for free even if you don't want to spend $400 more to get it on a transcript later.

RE: New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business - rachel83az - 09-28-2021

I would think that, as an UL CIS course, it might be able to be used in a BALS with NSM concentration, at the very least. I'm curious to find out whether or not it might work for Comp Sci or BSBA CIS in some capacity.

RE: New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business - Goldilocks! - 09-28-2021

I’m planning on taking this one. I think for $25 it’s definitely worth learning. I’ll most likely pay the full fee and transfer it to TESU.

RE: New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business - bjcheung77 - 09-28-2021

Hmm... Anyone know if ASU is coming out with the $99 deal again? <looking at ASU staff members who might be lurking in the shadows>

New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business - jch - 09-28-2021

I'm planning on using this as my last remaining BSBA-CIS AoS course. Still unsure exactly how it will transfer, but I don't think it matters too much. As long as TESU takes this as upper-level CIS credit, it should be good for the BSBA-CIS, right?

RE: New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business - dfrecore - 09-28-2021

I can almost guarantee that this will NOT come in as a CIS course - I've seen hundreds of TESU evals, and spreadsheets has never come in as a CIS course. It usually comes in as SES-###. No idea what SES stands for.

RE: New ASU ULC: CIS 308: Advanced Excel in Business - MNomadic - 09-29-2021

I got a chance to talk with a counselor at ASU today and asked about any upcoming new courses on the UL/EA/GFA platform. They mentioned a couple that are in the pipeline: REL 101: Religion, Culture, and Public Life and Intro to Social Transformation or something(couldn't find the course number in the catalog).