Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Fail Competency or Don't Finish - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: UMPI - University of Maine at Presque Isle Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-UMPI-University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Fail Competency or Don't Finish (/Thread-Fail-Competency-or-Don-t-Finish)

Pages: 1 2

Fail Competency or Don't Finish - Smilejoelle1 - 10-22-2021

Sooo what happens when you don't get the B or you don't finish you final exam?

RE: Fail Competency or Don't Finish - NoStudentNoCry - 10-22-2021

(10-22-2021, 11:20 PM)Smilejoelle1 Wrote: Sooo what happens when you don't get the B or you don't finish you final exam?

You'll get F. 
If the class is required for your degree, you must retake it.

RE: Fail Competency or Don't Finish - NoStudentNoCry - 10-23-2021

Smilejoelle1 Wrote:Sooo what happens when you don't get the B or you don't finish you final exam?

Have you actually submitted something or you skipped exam/final altogether? 
I checked grading policy for YourPace and it appears there is a "NP" (not proficient) grade that might be awarded instead of "F". It looks like an intentionally introduced loophole.

RE: Fail Competency or Don't Finish - missbootyfull - 10-23-2021

(10-23-2021, 12:53 AM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
Smilejoelle1 Wrote:Sooo what happens when you don't get the B or you don't finish you final exam?

I checked grading policy for YourPace and it appears there is a "NP" (not proficient) grade that might be awarded instead of "F". It looks like an intentionally introduced loophole.

I had NP in one my classes before but after I did the final again the teacher changed it.

RE: Fail Competency or Don't Finish - Smilejoelle1 - 10-23-2021

(10-23-2021, 12:53 AM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:

I reached out l, I submitted a completed database, but did not have a chance to complete a quality executive summary. I reached out to Jessica and Cody, I lost some time with my husband being in the hospital last week. I’ll take whatever at this point. Thanks guys!

RE: Fail Competency or Don't Finish - NoStudentNoCry - 10-23-2021

It would be nice if they give you NP instead of F. Life happens and you did at least a portion of assigned work.

RE: Fail Competency or Don't Finish - ss20ts - 10-23-2021

You needed to contact Cody and your advisor before the term ended. The term is over. It ended at midnight Eastern last night. You should still reach out and see what they can do now.

RE: Fail Competency or Don't Finish - ashkir - 10-24-2021

If you're super close some professors will bump you to the B. You may get lucky watch your g rades getting posted and be sure to reach out to Cody.

RE: Fail Competency or Don't Finish - Smilejoelle1 - 10-24-2021

I have reached out and in cases like this its totally up to the faculty. It's not what everyone would do, but I have decided to take whatever grade comes my way regardless of the grade, even if that means a retake.

RE: Fail Competency or Don't Finish - sksandorff90 - 10-25-2021

If you don't finish the course, you get an F grade and have to retake it. I was told by Jessica that if you fail to complete a course when you retake it, you'll start from where you left off. So, if you only had a milestone or two left, you will restart the course from that point. I don't know how it works if you fail a final though.