Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Best English I and English II courses for TESU? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Best English I and English II courses for TESU? (/Thread-Best-English-I-and-English-II-courses-for-TESU)

Best English I and English II courses for TESU? - delightfulwilderness - 10-26-2021

My friend has all of the RA credits he needs but doesn't have any English comp classes. I took them at CC so I'm not sure where to recommend my friend get them. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

RE: Best English I and English II courses for TESU? - rachel83az - 10-26-2021

CLEP w/ essay. But only if you have a testing center nearby. This would be free through ModernStates.

He may not NEED more RA credits, but either the TECEP or through ONU would be my recommendation if CLEP is not possible. The TECEPs would be one quick exam each, $150. ONU would also be $150 each. They'd be more work, but they're also self-paced. If he's unsure of his ability to pass an English Comp exam (or two), ONU would probably be the best option.

RE: Best English I and English II courses for TESU? - mohelena02 - 12-16-2021

Sophia for English 1 - I am doing English 2 through them right now and it is painfully slow.

RE: Best English I and English II courses for TESU? - wildebeest - 12-17-2021

I did English I in college, but English II is pretty easy on Study.com. There are only 51 lessons, many of which someone proficient in English can probably quiz out of without too much trouble, and it requires writing only two 1,500 word essays and an essay proposal of about 600 words. There is also a proctored exam, but it's not difficult. Someone watching or reading all the lessons could probably do it in less than a week. Just be certain your friend either has a second class he wants to take, as it costs $200 to sign up for a month and that price includes two proctored tests, i.e., two classes, or is willing to spend a decent chunk for three LL credits.

RE: Best English I and English II courses for TESU? - LevelUP - 12-17-2021

(12-17-2021, 09:07 PM)wildebeest Wrote: I did English I in college, but English II is pretty easy on Study.com. There are only 51 lessons, many of which someone proficient in English can probably quiz out of without too much trouble, and it requires writing only two 1,500 word essays and an essay proposal of about 600 words. There is also a proctored exam, but it's not difficult. Someone watching or reading all the lessons could probably do it in less than a week. Just be certain your friend either has a second class he wants to take, as it costs $200 to sign up for a month and that price includes two proctored tests, i.e., two classes, or is willing to spend a decent chunk for three LL credits.

You can't take Study.com English 104/105 for TESU.  

It must be English 204/205 and those classes are literally like the Capstone course at TESU.

RE: Best English I and English II courses for TESU? - wildebeest - 12-17-2021

(12-17-2021, 09:33 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 09:07 PM)wildebeest Wrote: I did English I in college, but English II is pretty easy on Study.com. There are only 51 lessons, many of which someone proficient in English can probably quiz out of without too much trouble, and it requires writing only two 1,500 word essays and an essay proposal of about 600 words. There is also a proctored exam, but it's not difficult. Someone watching or reading all the lessons could probably do it in less than a week. Just be certain your friend either has a second class he wants to take, as it costs $200 to sign up for a month and that price includes two proctored tests, i.e., two classes, or is willing to spend a decent chunk for three LL credits.

You can't take Study.com English 104/105 for TESU.  

It must be English 204/205 and those classes are literally like the Capstone course at TESU.

I was talking about 205. I found it to be a pretty easy, quick class.

RE: Best English I and English II courses for TESU? - quigongene - 12-17-2021

English I - Where ever you feel comfortable.
English II - (if you hate writing) DSST Principles of Advanced English Composition (multiple guess test....NO WRITING)

https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/Current/Undergraduate-Catalog/Methods-of-Learning-and-Earning-Credit/Exam-Programs/DSST-Exams/Listing-of-DSST-Exams

I haven't taken this DSST, but I did take Technical Writing....which counted for WGU and it was super easy (also no writing).

RE: Best English I and English II courses for TESU? - bjcheung77 - 12-18-2021

If you need RA credits, TECEPS, if you are just needing the credits, do the CLEP/MS option.

RE: Best English I and English II courses for TESU? - jsh1138 - 12-19-2021

"It must be English 204/205 and those classes are literally like the Capstone course at TESU."

No idea where this is coming from. Those two courses are not anything like the Capstone imo.

Study.com is the quickest/easiest way to get the credits OP is asking about, unless you want to CLEP them