Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Pierpont not taking Sophia ? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Pierpont not taking Sophia ? (/Thread-Pierpont-not-taking-Sophia)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pierpont not taking Sophia ? - uncapentin - 04-10-2022

Hi all,  I gave this it's own thread in case others have this come up too. When I applied for Pierpont BOG, I sent the Credly/Acclaim transcript, ASU and Study.com. Those who've seen the other thread know I'm having to go through EC to get the Comm 120 from SC to transfer in. All of my Sophia and other SC courses were on the Credly transcript, but there was one difference: SC courses have a badge that says ACE, Sophia's have a flashier looking badge but do not say ACE. We know Sophia is ACE approved though. Here's what's weird. Pierpont accepted my SC courses- 5 of them- ( but not Comm 120 ) and they're listed as Credly on my transcript, BUT they didn't approve any of my Sophia courses. They all came in on the Credly transcript I'm sure. What in the world ? I KNOW they have to be familiar with Sophia because so many here have gotten the AAS. Am I supposed to have a Sophia transcript sent also ? I should have at least 72 credits which all meet their requirements.

RE: Pierpont not taking Sophia ? - ss20ts - 04-10-2022

Have you asked about sending a Sophia transcript through Parchment to Pierpont?

RE: Pierpont not taking Sophia ? - carrythenothing - 04-10-2022

It matters less what the badge looks like and more whether it has the ACE endorsement. Do the pages for each of your Sophia badges have that ACE endorsement? (You might have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see it.)

Your badges also have to be public in order to be included on the transcript.

RE: Pierpont not taking Sophia ? - Vle045 - 04-10-2022

I would try the parchment transcript. It’s not too expensive. I think it is only $5.00

RE: Pierpont not taking Sophia ? - dfrecore - 04-10-2022

(04-10-2022, 05:33 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: It matters less what the badge looks like and more whether it has the ACE endorsement. Do the pages for each of your Sophia badges have that ACE endorsement? (You might have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see it.)

My Sophia course also does not say ACE on it anywhere. My other badges all say ACE.

RE: Pierpont not taking Sophia ? - uncapentin - 04-10-2022

(04-10-2022, 05:01 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Have you asked about sending a Sophia transcript through Parchment to Pierpont?

Hmm, no, I didn't know I should since they're on Credly.

(04-10-2022, 05:33 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: It matters less what the badge looks like and more whether it has the ACE endorsement. Do the pages for each of your Sophia badges have that ACE endorsement? (You might have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see it.)

Yes all of them are ACE approved, and when I printed out my transcript, all courses were on it. Why would my settings have to be public for them to show up on a transcript I requested ? It didn't say anything about having to change the settings to public for that ....?

RE: Pierpont not taking Sophia ? - NoStudentNoCry - 04-11-2022

I've sent Credly transcript and all Sophia credits were accepted. They DID NOT accept Parchment for Sophia classes back in 2021.
Email Nancy and ask what happened.

RE: Pierpont not taking Sophia ? - rachel83az - 04-11-2022

I agree with NOT sending Parchment. I did that as a "just in case" for the first round and that method was rejected.

Badges have to be set public because that's the way Credly works. It's stupid, but that's how it is.

All of the badges might be there, but do they all have ACE endorsement below? Sometimes, that doesn't show up for some reason. Sometimes, you have to contact Sophia support about this.

RE: Pierpont not taking Sophia ? - uncapentin - 04-11-2022

(04-11-2022, 01:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I agree with NOT sending Parchment. I did that as a "just in case" for the first round and that method was rejected.

Badges have to be set public because that's the way Credly works. It's stupid, but that's how it is.

All of the badges might be there, but do they all have ACE endorsement below? Sometimes, that doesn't show up for some reason. Sometimes, you have to contact Sophia support about this.
Thanks to those who suggested making the "badges" public. I'm guessing I chose private when they were added to credly.(?) Anyhow, I went through and made them all public and resent the transcript to Pierpont. I don't care anything about " sharing my badges" on any kind of media so assumed I was just piling them up on credly as a storage for credits. Honestly, is this "badge" thing going to be the norm now ? Employers will hire people based on their "badges?" How wierd.

RE: Pierpont not taking Sophia ? - rachel83az - 04-11-2022

I hope that badges aren't going to become the norm. The "transcript" from Credly, such as it is, is not exactly easy to read. I don't need badges that make my LinkedIn profile look like I was an over-ambitious scout of some kind.