Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership Update - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General "Big 3", B&M colleges, and other colleges (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Big-3-B-M-colleges-and-other-colleges)
+--- Thread: TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership Update (/Thread-TAMUC-BAAS-Org-Leadership-Update)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership Update - mohelena02 - 04-14-2022

Hi! 

Just wanted to update everyone on the progress of my first term on the TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership degree. The term is 7 weeks and I am currently in week three. In the final week there is restrictions for the last day you can accelerate into a new class.

I went into this term needing to finish 14 classes, including the Capstone. I am in week three and I have so far finished 7 classes. Here is my spreadsheet.

So here is the thing, there is a lot of downtime between the TAMUC classes as you are waiting on e-mail approvals before you can officially move on to the next course, this can be frustrating. I was frustrated and I started to look and see what courses I could still do on Sophia and Study.com (which I actually had a few) that could go towards speeding up my degree. 

So mid-week 1 I started doing two Sophia classes towards my degree which thankfully my advisor accepted, I had to show her how I was progressing in the Sophia classes. I also took a few days to decide whether or not I wanted to spend the money to take a Study.com class that I could use to go towards my degree, I decided to do it and my advisor also checked that the class would be accepted.

So now all the classes I have to take are all classes I must take at TAMUC which I feel like will bring me back to a slower pace. I will use this time to try to research and get ahead on the future classes so I can finish them super fast and start researching my possible Masters program.

I am really trying to finish this degree in two semesters, I can tell now that my pace is good but the pace of the program itself can be a bit laggy, so hopefully I can make it and be done by July!

Let me know if there are any questions.

RE: TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership Update - ss20ts - 04-14-2022

You got your PMP certification?

RE: TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership Update - mohelena02 - 04-14-2022

(04-14-2022, 09:05 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You got your PMP certification?

Yep! I passed on March 22nd! I had been putting it off and the stress of this BAAS and knowing I was going to do a WGU Masters after just made me cram as much as possible to pass it.

RE: TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership Update - ss20ts - 04-14-2022

Congratulations! It sounds like you've been crazy busy.

RE: TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership Update - LevelUP - 04-15-2022

Sophia changed their Psychology course. 

UMPI and TESU won't accept it now. Wonder if TAMUC will.

Looks like you are completing one class a week which is blazing fast compared to traditional school.

Maybe we should think about adding the TAMUC criminal justice degree plan if we can map it out. There aren't many options for that degree.

RE: TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership Update - Vle045 - 04-15-2022

Thank you so much for sharing your journey. I am so excited for you. The program still interests me, but I also don’t think it would benefit me.

That Criminal Justice degree interests me on behalf of my husband. He is a Police Lieutenant. I think he has almost 30 years in law enforcement. If he does decide to finally start taking those gen eds on Sophia, I am hoping he keeps it as an option. It could help him promote further. But I am still not sure if he wants to go that route. The TAMUC program seems specifically designed for those already in law enforcement.

RE: TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership Update - mohelena02 - 04-15-2022

(04-15-2022, 07:56 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Sophia changed their Psychology course. 

UMPI and TESU won't accept it now. Wonder if TAMUC will.

Looks like you are completing one class a week which is blazing fast compared to traditional school.

Maybe we should think about adding the TAMUC criminal justice degree plan if we can map it out. There aren't many options for that degree.

Wow! So TAMUC did accept the Psychology course from Sophia. Yes, I want to finish this degree fast so I can move on with my life on to the next.

(04-15-2022, 08:04 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Thank you so much for sharing your journey.  I am so excited for you.   The program still interests me, but I also don’t think it would benefit me.

That Criminal Justice degree interests me on behalf of my husband.  He is a Police Lieutenant.  I think he has almost 30 years in law enforcement.  If he does decide to finally start taking those gen eds on Sophia, I am hoping he keeps it as an option.  It could help him promote further.  But I am still not sure if he wants to go that route.  The TAMUC program seems specifically designed for those already in law enforcement.

That does seem like a great option for your husband! I am so curious about their Criminal Justice degree now. If it is anything like my program it will be a good one!

RE: TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership Update - ashkir - 04-15-2022

You have been making great progress. Congratulations!

TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership Update - Tedium - 04-18-2022

You are making great time! Seven courses in three weeks is an AWESOME accomplishment!

-Since the major courses are going to be the exact same for everyone, can you list out the work required for each TAMUC class? I think you only had two done during the last update.

-Aside from the administrative delays, do you think anything you’ve encountered at TAMUC would have slowed you down regardless? Anything that you would have done differently?

-Are you just taking the courses in the sequence they’re listed in the catalog, or are you choosing which course to accelerate to next? http://catalog.tamuc.edu/undergrad/colleges-and-departments/college-of-innovation-design/baas-organizational-leadership/

-Have you taken the Data Driven Decision Making courses yet? If so, how math-y are they?

-Have they given you any additional information on the two Capstones yet?

Knocking out TAMUC, Sophia, and your PMP! You’re unstoppable! You’ve got this in the bag!

RE: TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership Update - bjcheung77 - 04-18-2022

Congrats! That's wonderful, you're going at break neck speed... it is at your own pace, so I would not try to rush it. You're doing a great job, continue at a pace you're comfortable in. Anyways, I just noticed your signature. Are you planning the WGU (Texas Endorsed) MSML and then the MBA to end your educational journey?