Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
3 Ways to Achieve Financial Security Abroad - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: 3 Ways to Achieve Financial Security Abroad (/Thread-3-Ways-to-Achieve-Financial-Security-Abroad)

3 Ways to Achieve Financial Security Abroad - Kal Di - 05-12-2022

Many people worry about their financial security when living in a foreign country. However, there are 3 ways to achieve financial security abroad.

RE: 3 Ways to Achieve Financial Security Abroad - LevelUP - 05-13-2022

I didn't buy you coffee, but I did buy your two books Smile

You have a lot of knowledge about various jobs and different ways to make income, especially in real estate.

A couple of ideas for making money in real estate
One thing you could do is become a hard money lender yourself.  Another thing is if you got good credit or plenty of cash, find flippers and offer 50/50 profit sharing on flips when you put up all the money and they do all the work.

There are some dirty tricks in real estate. Some hard money lenders invest in deals themselves rather than lend the cash. Investors look at properties on MLS, then hide the keys so nobody else can look at the property. Some investors know the listing agent, and they have inside information on the top bid when a house is going for the top bid.

RE: 3 Ways to Achieve Financial Security Abroad - Kal Di - 05-15-2022

(05-13-2022, 03:50 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I didn't buy you coffee, but I did buy your two books Smile

You have a lot of knowledge about various jobs and different ways to make income, especially in real estate.

A couple of ideas for making money in real estate
One thing you could do is become a hard money lender yourself.  Another thing is if you got good credit or plenty of cash, find flippers and offer 50/50 profit sharing on flips when you put up all the money and they do all the work.

There are some dirty tricks in real estate. Some hard money lenders invest in deals themselves rather than lend the cash. Investors look at properties on MLS, then hide the keys so nobody else can look at the property. Some investors know the listing agent, and they have inside information on the top bid when a house is going for the top bid.

First and foremost, thank you for the support!

I considered adding virtual real estate wholesaling as an income stream by doing it in the USA from Mexico, but I remembered the times that I did traditional real estate wholesaling and it was such a time suck. It's not a priority this year.

However, real estate is my favorite source of income and it supports my effort to FIRE (financial independence, retired early). Being a hard or private money lender is a great way to make money, but I prefer rental income and income from tax lien certificates.

Crypto investments have been my rising favorite within the last few years. I have been earning at least 30% annual returns for the last few years despite the market's volatility. I love making money from real estate, but it requires more work than making money from crypto (which only requires 4 hours a month).