Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Project Management Overlap study.com/Sophia - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Project Management Overlap study.com/Sophia (/Thread-Project-Management-Overlap-study-com-Sophia)

Pages: 1 2

Project Management Overlap study.com/Sophia - vetvso - 08-11-2022

Has anyone been able to get LL Project management from Sophia and UL credit from Study.com For people who look for this kind of classes that might be helpful.

RE: Project Management Overlap study.com/Sophia - rachel83az - 08-12-2022

Yes, if you want to do that, you can. A potentially better option would be to skip the Sophia one and instead get the Google Project Management certificate. You get the same LL course number as the Sophia course, plus 3 UL courses:

MAN-235 - Google/Sophia
MAN-435 - Study.com
MAN-437 - Google
MAN-438 - Google

Not everyone will need or want so many PM courses on their transcript, but it's a good option for those who do.

RE: Project Management Overlap study.com/Sophia - vetvso - 08-12-2022

(08-12-2022, 12:39 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, if you want to do that, you can. A potentially better option would be to skip the Sophia one and instead get the Google Project Management certificate. You get the same LL course number as the Sophia course, plus 3 UL courses:

MAN-235 - Google/Sophia
MAN-435 - Study.com
MAN-437 - Google
MAN-438 - Google

Not everyone will need or want so many PM courses on their transcript, but it's a good option for those who do.
Thank you and since I'm doing these already I was just curious how they transfer in as. I have Sophia almost done and the google is underway. For me, I am just documenting what I already know, and moving on to the PMI exam.

RE: Project Management Overlap study.com/Sophia - carrythenothing - 08-12-2022

You could also take Saylor's Project Management exam, which transfers in as MAN-435.

I was just looking at BUS402: Project Management on Saylor. Am I correct that I can just take the 2 hr test and bypass the material? Then pay the $5 to take the final credit?

RE: Project Management Overlap study.com/Sophia - rachel83az - 08-12-2022

Yes, you can completely bypass the material if you're secure in your knowledge. Since you are preparing for the PMI exam, the Saylor exam might be easy. I would suggest doing the practice test first, though. If you score ~90% on it, you should be ready for the final.

(08-12-2022, 07:54 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, you can completely bypass the material if you're secure in your knowledge. Since you are preparing for the PMI exam, the Saylor exam might be easy. I would suggest doing the practice test first, though. If you score ~90% on it, you should be ready for the final.

Thank you - I like that very much :-)

RE: Project Management Overlap study.com/Sophia - bjcheung77 - 08-12-2022

Yeah I think that's a great plan, If you're about done with the Sophia.org course, just finish it for the ACE, then go for the Google and Sophia.org, bypassing the Study.com costs and duplicate/overlapping credits with Study.com...

(08-12-2022, 07:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah I think that's a great plan, If you're about done with the Sophia.org course, just finish it for the ACE, then go for the Google and Sophia.org, bypassing the Study.com costs and duplicate/overlapping credits with Study.com...

You mean Sayor right?

RE: Project Management Overlap study.com/Sophia - bjcheung77 - 08-12-2022

(08-12-2022, 10:11 PM)vetvso Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 07:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah I think that's a great plan, If you're about done with the Sophia.org course, just finish it for the ACE, then go for the Google and Sophia.org, bypassing the Study.com costs and duplicate/overlapping credits with Study.com...

You mean Sayor right?

Yeah, I meant Saylor.org and typed Sophia.org twice. Essentially this...

MAN-235 - Google/Sophia
MAN-435 - Study.com > Change to Saylor.org
MAN-437 - Google
MAN-438 - Google