Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
More than 90 credits - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: WGU - Western Governors University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-WGU-Western-Governors-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: More than 90 credits (/Thread-More-than-90-credits)

More than 90 credits - akr680 - 09-02-2022

If we have more than 90 credits, what should we do? Should we select the courses to be taken? 

RE: More than 90 credits - bjcheung77 - 09-02-2022

I'm a bit confused at what you're trying to ask, the degree determines that's transferable. You will be provided an academic evaluation and you can speak with the admissions or advisors to see what courses you need to complete at WGU for the degree. If you have 90+ credits, only those applicable to the degree will transfer. In case you have 90+ that are all applicable, they'll most likely have a "preset" transfer for you, and you can decide to either change or move the courses around to make it easier for you to finish...

RE: More than 90 credits - akr680 - 09-02-2022

Thank you. By July 2023, I will have completed my MBA ITM at DPU Patil university. In that time, I plan to complete A+, NET+, and SEC+ certifications.

In the event that Critical Thinking and Logic, Natural Science Laboratory, and Finite Mathematics are exempt from the second bachelor's degree, I will have less than 30 credits to complete.

S.No COURSE TITLE - BS IT Credits SD Status
3 Critical Thinking and Logic 3 Yes Not Met
11 Natural Science Lab 3 No Not Met
12 Finite Mathematics 4 No Not Met
18 Network and Security - Foundations 3 Yes Not Met
29 Web Development Applications 6 Yes Not Met
30 User Interface Design 4 Yes Not Met
31 Spreadsheets 3 No Not Met
33 Cloud Foundations 3 No Not Met
34 Emerging Technologies 2 No Not Met
35 Linux Foundations 3 No Not Met
36 IT Capstone Written Project 4 No Not Met

I may get Emerging Technologies credit from MBA-ITM as well.

https://www.dypatilonline.com/mba-it-management.aspx

RE: More than 90 credits - ss20ts - 09-03-2022

Are you saying you want to complete a bachelor's degree at WGU after you complete your MBA ITM?

RE: More than 90 credits - akr680 - 09-04-2022

Yes, I plan to complete it. One term should be enough for me to complete it.

RE: More than 90 credits - bjcheung77 - 09-04-2022

Seems like a good plan, continue working on your Masters at DPU. If you can finish the WGU Bachelors in 1 term, that's awesome. It'll add to your international BBA, and it's in a different field of IT...

RE: More than 90 credits - akr680 - 09-05-2022

(09-04-2022, 01:12 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Seems like a good plan, continue working on your Masters at DPU.  If you can finish the WGU Bachelors in 1 term, that's awesome.  It'll add to your international BBA, and it's in a different field of IT...

Thank you!

RE: More than 90 credits - davewill - 09-06-2022

(09-02-2022, 02:23 PM)akr680 Wrote: If we have more than 90 credits, what should we do? Should we select the courses to be taken? 

You just send them all in, and they will determine the best way to use your credits. In the unusual case where their choices are not optimal (like counting something as a free elective that could have been used in to fulfill a GenEd or in the major), you can ask them to reevaluate.

RE: More than 90 credits - akr680 - 09-08-2022

(09-06-2022, 05:53 PM)davewill Wrote:
(09-02-2022, 02:23 PM)akr680 Wrote: If we have more than 90 credits, what should we do? Should we select the courses to be taken? 

You just send them all in, and they will determine the best way to use your credits. In the unusual case where their choices are not optimal (like counting something as a free elective that could have been used in to fulfill a GenEd or in the major), you can ask them to reevaluate.

Thank you! I have 10 more months to complete my MBA- ITM. I will send it after that till that time I will do Comptia certifications.