Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Sophia final milestone ID verification - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Sophia final milestone ID verification (/Thread-Sophia-final-milestone-ID-verification)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Sophia asking for photo ID, is this normal? - Jwheels27 - 03-28-2022

I was finishing up Sophia's Conflict Resolution course last night, when I went to select the Final Milestone I was asked to verify my identification. It asked me to take pictures of my drivers license or passport to verify my identity. Is this normal!? Definitely seems sketchy. I thought they just verify your keystrokes for ID?

RE: Sophia asking for photo ID, is this normal? - k-k-k-katy - 03-28-2022

(03-28-2022, 12:04 PM)Jwheels27 Wrote: I was finishing up Sophia's Conflict Resolution course last night, when I went to select the Final Milestone I was asked to verify my identification. It asked me to take pictures of my drivers license or passport to verify my identity. Is this normal!? Definitely seems sketchy. I thought they just verify your keystrokes for ID?

I would contact Student Support to figure this out.

RE: Sophia asking for photo ID, is this normal? - rachel83az - 03-28-2022

It doesn't sound too abnormal, but this is the first time I remember hearing about it from Sophia.

RE: Sophia asking for photo ID, is this normal? - SteveFoerster - 03-28-2022

I'd definitely ask them if it's unusual behavior from them or if you're just generally worried about it, but I wouldn't call it "sketchy" for them to want to be sure to whom they're giving college credit.

RE: Sophia asking for photo ID, is this normal? - ss20ts - 03-28-2022

I would contact them via the chat that's open during business hours. I've never heard of this.

RE: Sophia asking for photo ID, is this normal? - BSLIONS - 03-28-2022

I've taken almost all of them and have never had to provide ID.

RE: Sophia asking for photo ID, is this normal? - bjcheung77 - 03-28-2022

They're not sketchy, it may have been an update to their system and a glitch may have occurred. Best bet to ease your mind is to either chat or email the support team to have this rectified. Hope everything goes accordingly, unless they're coming up with another verification tool that will require ID matching within the profile...

RE: Sophia asking for photo ID, is this normal? - Jwheels27 - 03-29-2022

I did what they asked, it was a photo of both the front and back of my ID and a picture of myself using facial recognition software. Afterward when I went to submit my coursework it wouldn't allow me to, ended up with a notification that said, "there was a problem with your ID verification, please call or email...etc." I called customer support, the guy Matt, told me this is a new type of verification they've rolled out. It's only been implemented on the Conflict Management course, no idea why? Maybe a trial run. He fixed it for me, my coursework was submitted no problem! He also mention they've had problems with this type of verification and may end up dropping it in the future.

RE: Sophia asking for photo ID, is this normal? - leanvn - 04-03-2022

(03-29-2022, 12:26 AM)Jwheels27 Wrote: I did what they asked, it was a photo of both the front and back of my ID and a picture of myself using facial recognition software. Afterward when I went to submit my coursework it wouldn't allow me to, ended up with a notification that said, "there was a problem with your ID verification, please call or email...etc." I called customer support, the guy Matt, told me this is a new type of verification they've rolled out. It's only been implemented on the Conflict Management course, no idea why? Maybe a trial run. He fixed it for me, my coursework was submitted no problem! He also mention they've had problems with this type of verification and may end up dropping it in the future.

Hi,

Has Sophia required a camera when doing the exam? Or do I just need to upload 2 photos as Sophia required and then do the exam without a camera as in other courses? Because my laptop does not has a webcam so if Sophia requires it, I need to buy one.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Sophia final milestone ID verification - debrag - 09-06-2022

Just taken a final milestone and was asked for ID and selfie. Is this new or just on some courses? I've done a few in the past few days and only today been asked for ID.