Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Pierpont AAS BOG - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Pierpont and other Associates Degrees (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Pierpont-and-other-Associates-Degrees)
+--- Thread: Pierpont AAS BOG (/Thread-Pierpont-AAS-BOG)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pierpont AAS BOG - jbrower - 11-29-2022

I submitted everything to Pierpont and am still pending them receiving transcripts from 3 RA colleges. I noticed on my current list of transferred credits that they accepted the Google IT Professional cert (12 credits) as part of the degree requirements.

The issue I am seeing is the Sophia Introduction to IT is currently listed as a general elective. Shouldn’t this clear for Computer literacy ( my current degree works -eval of credits is stating I still need the Computer Literacy credit)

You would think that the Sophia Intro to IT or the Google 12 credits would cover for CompLit. I will try to keep everyone updated on this. I’ll message “Nancy” as I need to let her know about an area of emphasis.

Thoughts?

I.e. Need associates for current role.

Future plans: Either WGU or UMPI Information Management degree. Still pondering costs.

Btw-I’m new to the forum-How do I add what I’ve completed to the footnote?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

RE: Pierpont AAS BOG - Samus477 - 11-29-2022

(11-29-2022, 06:23 AM)jbrower Wrote: I submitted everything to Pierpont and am still pending them receiving transcripts from 3 RA colleges. I noticed on my current list of transferred credits that they accepted the Google IT Professional cert (12 credits) as part of the degree requirements.

The issue I am seeing is the Sophia Introduction to IT is currently listed as a general elective. Shouldn’t this clear for Computer literacy ( my current degree works -eval of credits is stating I still need the Computer Literacy credit)

You would think that the Sophia Intro to IT or the Google 12 credits would cover for CompLit. I will try to keep everyone updated on this. I’ll message “Nancy” as I need to let her know about an area of emphasis.

Thoughts?

I.e. Need associates for current role.

Future plans: Either WGU or UMPI Information Management degree. Still pondering costs.

Btw-I’m new to the forum-How do I add what I’ve completed to the footnote?

What you are seeing in the ROAR section of the Pierpont Portal as transferred credits is not your official credit evaluation. You will probably see many classes that should fulfill requirements listed as electives, this is normal. Once you see that all the credits from your RA colleges have been listed under ROAR you contact Nancy and let her know so she can begin your official credit evaluation and apply the credits to fulfill the degree requirements. Depending on the credits that you have she will determine an area of emphasis for you or if you meet the criteria for more than one she will let you choose. Keep in mind that any email communication with Nancy needs to be through your Pierpont Outlook address.

Pierpont AAS BOG - jbrower - 11-29-2022

Thank you for the great advice!

RE: Pierpont AAS BOG - vetvso - 11-29-2022

(11-29-2022, 08:16 AM)jbrower Wrote: Thank you for the great advice!

You will need to email Nancy the director and request the evaluation. She works via email mainly and usually is very responsive. Your Sophia course is the same one I have advised to several others pending degree this Dec 20222.

RE: Pierpont AAS BOG - rachel83az - 11-29-2022

ROAR is only good for confirming that everything has been transferred. Nancy Parks is the one who will do the "real" evaluation and confirm if you've met the BOG requirements or not.

RE: Pierpont AAS BOG - raekwon - 11-29-2022

FYI, I had a ton of courses/certifications that I transferred into Pierpont and could have counted toward the computer literacy requirement, and the one that Nancy decided to use for mine (according to the audit PDF and DegreeWorks) was the Google IT Support professional certificate.

So... it should count for you.

RE: Pierpont AAS BOG - adaggiote - 02-22-2023

How long did it take for them to receive your transcripts and evaluate them?

RE: Pierpont AAS BOG - raekwon - 02-25-2023

(02-22-2023, 05:34 PM)adaggiote Wrote: How long did it take for them to receive your transcripts and evaluate them?

From what I recall, it usually took about a week from the date they were sent for them to mark transcripts as "received," and then another week or two after that for them to be evaluated. It can't hurt to check in with Ms. Parks on occasion if you haven't heard anything.

RE: Pierpont AAS BOG - pluggingalong - 03-03-2023

Why is Pierpont AAS BOG so popular? I remember researching it myself a few months ago.

RE: Pierpont AAS BOG - rachel83az - 03-03-2023

(03-03-2023, 03:24 AM)pluggingalong Wrote: Why is Pierpont AAS BOG so popular?  I remember researching it myself a few months ago.

It's free. It gives a relatively quick/easy boost to self-esteem and/or resume.