Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
calculating grade for study.com course - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: calculating grade for study.com course (/Thread-calculating-grade-for-study-com-course)

calculating grade for study.com course - Omece - 03-17-2023

So I just completed a networking course and I want to verify I passed. I know they are going to email me my final grade but I wouldn't mind some peace of mind while I wait.

I just want to make sure I am calculating this correctly. In the case of this course there were no assignments. Just quizzes and final so...

Quizzes = 100
Final = 200
Total = 300

you need at least a 210 to pass

in my case I got:
Quizzes = 99
Final = 69

{Overall quiz grade} + {Final exam grade *2}
99 + (69 *2)
99 + 138
= 237

So if I did that correctly I passed... Barely but a win is a win. Can anyone confirm the above is accurate?

Thank you in advance!

RE: calculating grade for study.com course - bjcheung77 - 03-17-2023

Omece Wrote:So if I did that correctly I passed... Barely but a win is a win. Can anyone confirm the above is accurate?

Yes, that's correct. Great job! You passed the course with flying colors (in other words, points to spare)...

RE: calculating grade for study.com course - BitWiseGuy - 03-17-2023

As bjcheung77 said, you passed! Congrats!

For reference, I just barely passed Discrete Math I with 211 points... Passing by even just one point is still a pass! Big Grin  I was SOOO happy to not have to do that class again.

RE: calculating grade for study.com course - Omece - 03-17-2023

Awesome! thank you both for verifying  Wink

RE: calculating grade for study.com course - gams007 - 03-18-2023

(03-17-2023, 06:51 PM)BitWiseGuy Wrote: As bjcheung77 said, you passed! Congrats!

For reference, I just barely passed Discrete Math I with 211 points... Passing by even just one point is still a pass! Big Grin  I was SOOO happy to not have to do that class again.

I also pass the Discrete Math also with 211 points last year, and it was very hard to pass but, like they say a win is a win.
Congratulations.

RE: calculating grade for study.com course - goodstudents - 03-19-2024

I highly recommend using a Grade Calculator.

RE: calculating grade for study.com course - LevelUP - 03-20-2024

You need 210 points to pass.

So, if you get 100 points on the quizzes, then you need a 110/200 score on the final to pass, which is 55%.

The Discrete Math course people mentioned it is a mile wide and an inch deep. The final doesn't involve much math, but you need to know a lot of concepts.

Usually, your final score will be within 10% of your practice final exam score. So if you can score 70% on the practice final, you should be ready to take the final exam.

RE: calculating grade for study.com course - bjcheung77 - 03-20-2024

(03-19-2024, 11:52 PM)goodstudents Wrote: I highly recommend using a Grade Calculator.

What grade calculator? Study.com doesn't really require one, it's not for GPA purposes as they're pass/fail.

RE: calculating grade for study.com course - LevelUP - 03-20-2024

(03-20-2024, 04:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 11:52 PM)goodstudents Wrote: I highly recommend using a Grade Calculator.

What grade calculator?  Study.com doesn't really require one, it's not for GPA purposes as they're pass/fail.

I'm not allowing this person to post a link. I made a note.

RE: calculating grade for study.com course - bjcheung77 - 03-20-2024

Ah, no wonder, OK, I didn't see the mod note in their profile record until I saw your message...