Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
UMPI Diploma WordArt - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: UMPI - University of Maine at Presque Isle Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-UMPI-University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle-Discussion)
+--- Thread: UMPI Diploma WordArt (/Thread-UMPI-Diploma-WordArt)

Pages: 1 2 3

UMPI Diploma WordArt - DistantShirt - 05-25-2023

Love the YourPace program and what it offers, but I have to be a nitpicking bastard and say that the WordArt effect used for the university name on the diploma is incredibly cheap looking. Not only that, but it ships in a thin envelope with little to no protection. I know the look basically doesn’t matter, but it feels quite goofy to see blue, shadowed WordArt on an official diploma. Is this new with the Parchment service?

RE: UMPI Diploma WordArt - ss20ts - 05-26-2023

I'm not sure what you're talking about. My diplomas were printed at UMPI and shipped by UMPI. They changed to Parchment after I graduated so I don't know what the current diplomas look like.

RE: UMPI Diploma WordArt - DistantShirt - 05-26-2023

(05-26-2023, 09:16 AM)ss20ts Wrote: I'm not sure what you're talking about. My diplomas were printed at UMPI and shipped by UMPI. They changed to Parchment after I graduated so I don't know what the current diplomas look like.

I'm truly nitpicking. The diploma font is blue Times New Roman based, warped and shadowed WordArt, and it just doesn't feel professional compared to the rest of the diploma, especially when you receive it in a mostly unprotected paper envelope. No big deal, but thought I would see if it has always been that way or if it started with the newer Parchment service. It feels mildly goofy when you are used to the most basic WordArt templates being used in K-12 school projects.

[attachment=4482]
[attachment=4483]

RE: UMPI Diploma WordArt - ss20ts - 05-26-2023

Much of UMPI's media resembles the blue shadowed font. It's disappointing that the Parchment service looks so inferior compared to past diplomas. The diplomas used to come in the case they hand out at graduation too. Bummer that is missing now.

RE: UMPI Diploma WordArt - anthony3070 - 05-26-2023

Yup. I received mine yesterday. It looks fairly bush league.

At the end of the day, who cares. It was a great way to earn a degree from a legit college and I spent around $4,000 doing it. They could send me nothing at all and I'd still be thrilled.

RE: UMPI Diploma WordArt - bjcheung77 - 05-26-2023

@DistantShirt, It's fine being a bit nit-picky, I'm like that at times... I wouldn't worry about it, the main thing is you've got it done! Congrats!

RE: UMPI Diploma WordArt - joshua27 - 05-26-2023

I agree on the diploma. I haven't received mine yet but looking at a WGU diploma versus what the UMPI looks like, it's disappointing. They could have just used standard olde english lettering and it would have looked great. Even other University of Maine institutions have far superior looking diplomas which will look good displayed.

RE: UMPI Diploma WordArt - tsgreer - 05-26-2023

(05-25-2023, 11:32 PM)DistantShirt Wrote: Love the YourPace program and what it offers, but I have to be a nitpicking bastard and say that the WordArt effect used for the university name on the diploma is incredibly cheap looking. Not only that, but it ships in a thin envelope with little to no protection. I know the look basically doesn’t matter, but it feels quite goofy to see blue, shadowed WordArt on an official diploma. Is this new with the Parchment service?

I 100 percent agree with you. I've been a graphic artist for most of my professional life. And I was very disappointed when I saw the font and layout on the actual degree. I have no idea why they didn't just go for the standard "Old English"-type font that almost every university has. 

So when I celebrate getting my degree from UMPI, I'll be just zooming in and cropping out that part. It looks so amateur!

RE: UMPI Diploma WordArt - KSoul - 05-26-2023

Agree with you, and neither my sister nor I have glanced at that diploma outside of the initial receipt. I had to click on your image to even commiserate with you.

As shared by the others, an RA degree is a significant win, and some shortcomings are unavoidable at that price point.

RE: UMPI Diploma WordArt - LakeMomNY - 05-26-2023

Honestly, my daughter's kindergarten diploma (I know, I know) is nicer.