Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Does WES USA accept MBA from UCAM? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Does WES USA accept MBA from UCAM? (/Thread-Does-WES-USA-accept-MBA-from-UCAM)

Pages: 1 2

Does WES USA accept MBA from UCAM? - soulblader - 03-25-2024

Anyone ever get it accredited before?

Will it be accredited as  RA master?

RE: Does WES USA accept MBA from UCAM? - armado - 03-25-2024

Got answer from Uniathena Consultant :

"Hello,
I am sure that our students in US have gotten it verified by WES upon graduation but I currently don't have their documents to send to you. I only have those from the students in Canada. We have a lot of students in USA so the recognition should not be a problem."

RE: Does WES USA accept MBA from UCAM? - doyouhowdo1 - 03-25-2024

(03-25-2024, 03:32 AM)soulblader Wrote: Anyone ever get it accredited before?

Is the MBA offical degree or a unofficial one?

RE: Does WES USA accept MBA from UCAM? - armado - 03-25-2024

(03-25-2024, 04:29 AM)doyouhowdo1 Wrote:

Is the MBA offical degree or a unofficial one?

The Titulo Propio

RE: Does WES USA accept MBA from UCAM? - soulblader - 03-25-2024

It is The Titulo Propio

I almost did DBA and MBA Titulo Propio with UCAM. Luckily I changed my mind at the end.

I mean WES USA used to recognize ENEB master, which is Titulo Propio as master degree. Although not anymore. But no longer recognize it anymore. At least WES USA do recognized Titulo Propio. Just depend on the university.

So I think you should just send your degree and transcript to WES USA. It is not a guarantee. Because even a PHD from AMA at Philippines might be only recognize as a master degree by WES USA.

Did you already finish the MBA with UCAM? The price isn't cheap, you might as well do something else

RE: Does WES USA accept MBA from UCAM? - eLearner - 03-25-2024

(03-25-2024, 04:04 AM)armado Wrote: Got answer from Uniathena Consultant :

"Hello,
      I am sure that our students in US have gotten it verified by WES upon graduation but I currently don't have their documents to send to you. I only have those from the students in Canada.  We have a lot of students in USA so the recognition should not be a problem."

In other words, they have no clue at all what WES' position is. Having "a lot of students in USA" is meaningless, since if a degree is coming from a foreign location it will be up to a foreign credential evaluator to determine if it's equivalent.

RE: Does WES USA accept MBA from UCAM? - lincolnlawyer - 03-25-2024

(03-25-2024, 05:29 AM)doyouhowdo1 Wrote: I almost did DBA and MBA Titulo Propio with UCAM. Luckily I changed my mind at the end.

I mean WES USA used to recognize ENEB master, which is Titulo Propio as master degree. Although not anymore. But no longer recognize it anymore. At least WES USA do recognized Titulo Propio. Just depend on the university.

So I think you should just send your degree and transcript to WES USA. It is not a guarantee. Because even a PHD from AMA at Philippines might be only recognize as a master degree by WES USA.

Did you already finish the MBA with UCAM? The price isn't cheap, you might as well do something else

As someone who’s briefly considered a pricey Titulo Propio, I’ve wondered about this for the longest time - how will WES or other NACES members evaluate a Titulo Propio taught directly by the issuing university? 

We all know some FCEs have openly announced their position on Spanish Titulo Propios, while many others have not. The hiccup we’re seeing with ENEB degrees is likely the result of the teaching and assessing institution is different from the granting/certificating institution. But what if these two institutions are the same accredited university?

(03-25-2024, 11:09 AM)lincolnlawyer Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 05:29 AM)doyouhowdo1 Wrote: I almost did DBA and MBA Titulo Propio with UCAM. Luckily I changed my mind at the end.

As someone who’s briefly considered a pricey Titulo Propio, I’ve wondered about this for the longest time - how will WES or other NACES members evaluate a Titulo Propio taught directly by the issuing university? 

We all know some FCEs have openly announced their position on Spanish Titulo Propios, while many others have not. The hiccup we’re seeing with ENEB degrees is likely the result of the teaching and assessing institution is different from the granting/certificating institution. But what if these two institutions are the same accredited university?

If the university is good and give you a Titulo Propio. I'm pretty sure they will at least recongise as a master level. Just don't know will they evaluate as master degree or not.

To be honest, the UCAM MBA is so costly that I can literally do a UK MBA degree fully online. It is cheaper and it is always recognized. You can even speed up the degree by having SQA level 11 or ofqual level 7.

Fun fact, in China, the government actually recognize Titulo Propio. When they evaluate the Titulo Propio, it will say something like Bachelor/Master of XXX(school master). People will actually look down on you if you have a “school master” than the “master” in China. As they will say it us water down degree.

RE: Does WES USA accept MBA from UCAM? - ss20ts - 03-25-2024

How would it be an RA master? If the college isn't RA then the degree wouldn't become RA after an evaluation.