Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab? (/Thread-Gen-Bio-Gen-Chem-Gen-Phys-Org-Phys-Where-can-I-take-them-online-with-Lab)

Pages: 1 2

Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab? - jaryu - 05-15-2009

Hello my friends! I am wondering if anyone know of any online school that offers General Bio 1&2, General Chem 1&2, Gen Phys 1&2 & Org Phys 1&2 all with lab, online and preferably cheap(I am poor and they can't be tested out I need the grades for the Master's I am considering :p )? EC doesn't have them, Tesc only has the first 3 and without the lab portion which makes them useless. The local community college doesn't have it, the state school doesn't have it, only one I found was from a local private school that has some science classes online with lab but I am not sure if they are related in any way except for 2 I think.

This are the classes in science that the school has online;
•SC101 Anatomy and Physiology I (Lab Science)
•SC102 Anatomy and Physiology II (Lab Science)
•SC103 General Biology (Lab Science) <- This would one I think matches what I am looking for in Gen Bio 1
•SC110 Nutrition
•SC113 Principles of Chemistry (Lab Science)<- This would one I think matches what I am looking for in Gen Chem 1
•SC121 Human Reproductive Biology
•SC123 Health Concepts and Applications
•SC125 Human Physiology
•SC129 Human Biology (Lab Science)
•SC130 Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology (Non-Lab Course)
•SC131 Environmental Science
•SC135 Introduction to Astronomy
•SC141 Introduction to the Study of Disease
•SC154 Energy and the Environment
•SC213 Microbiology (Lab Science)
•SC220 Essentials of Pharmacology
•SC221 Introduction to Pharmacology

So basically only those 2 out of 8 I need. And I would prefer to do the sets in the same institution, like Gen Bio 1&2 in the same school even if I did Org Phys 1&2 at another. But I'll take what I can get and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab? - retake - 05-15-2009

Community College of Denver: Online Courses with Labs

Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab? - tmporter68 - 05-15-2009

Univ of Maryland

Class Schedules and Catalogs - University of Maryland University College - UMUC

Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab? - monkeyboy - 05-15-2009

tmporter68 Wrote:Univ of Maryland

I was going to say UMUC also. Not really cheap though. UMUC is my school, I clep'd Bio and then took the Bio 102 class which is the one credit lab.

Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab? - kbauer - 05-15-2009

Late Nite Labs provides online lab services and has a list of schools that use their site.
I did not check fees but you can find the schools here:
Late Nite Labs : Laboratory Simulations for Science Education

Here is another link:Distance Learning - Chemistry Distance Education - Online Chemistry Courses with ChemLab

Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab? - malcs - 05-15-2009

kbauer Wrote:Late Nite Labs provides online lab services and has a list of schools that use their site.

Here is another link:Distance Learning - Chemistry Distance Education - Online Chemistry Courses with ChemLab
Do the schools use these labs for lab prep, or do they substitute the online labs for actual wet labs?

Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab? - norema - 05-15-2009

What state are you in? Have you checked all of the community colleges in your state? It doesn't matter where the school is located since the classes would be online. The main purpose though is to pay the cheaper in-state fees.

Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab? - jaryu - 05-16-2009

retake Wrote:Community College of Denver: Online Courses with Labs

tmporter68 Wrote:Univ of Maryland

Thanks a lot, I'll be Checking those two right away.

norema Wrote:What state are you in? Have you checked all of the community colleges in your state? It doesn't matter where the school is located since the classes would be online. The main purpose though is to pay the cheaper in-state fees.

I live in Massachusetts, I did check quite a few local schools to be sure some other didn't have it locally. But I had no luck in finding any "yet". The only other school I was able to find was Oregon State University, it seems ok in quality and they even have online labs, but they charge through the nose for them, they use quarter hour system and the classes would come out to 15 quarter hours for the whole of only General biology at 208 bucks a credit it's 3,120 which I found to be anything but cheap.

Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab? - jaryu - 05-16-2009

kbauer Wrote:Late Nite Labs provides online lab services and has a list of schools that use their site.

The link web site say's that you can sign up for the Umass online class with lab...but on the umass web site you can online you can only sign up for the basic 3 credit class and not the lab portion... I guess it's a conflict of information on their web sites.

Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab? - dark_dan - 05-16-2009

Riverland Community College

https://webproc.mnscu.edu/registration/search/basic.html?campusid=307

Biology 1091 - 4 credits - lab.

Sorry, that's the only one I found.