Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career (/Thread-your-thoughts-on-MJ-his-life-his-career)

Pages: 1 2

your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career - creationstory - 06-25-2009

so this is the only place that i really go on for interactive information.. your thoughts on the life, the death and the legacy of michael jackson..

ps what was your opinion of him while u were alive...

your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career - perrik - 06-25-2009

When I was young, the Jackson Five were all over the Teen Beat-type magazines. When I was a young adult, Michael Jackson was making great music and pushing forward the art of the music video. "Off The Wall" remains one of my favorite albums.

It's sad that my niece's generation only knows Michael Jackson as a punchline.

your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career - Elizabeth - 06-25-2009

I was out this afternoon and arrived home from running errands to hear of his death on the news. I was completely shocked. I thought he would be around forever. Truely, everyone did. No one woke up this morning and thought that Michael Jackson would die today. It's when shocking things like this happen that I realize the undeniable truth of man's mortality and how fleeting life is.
Each day is a gift from God, and not a given right.
One thing I admired about Michael Jackson was how he related to people, and portrayed that through his music and dancing. That was why so many people loved him. I grew up with Michael Jackson's music, and I think I died a little inside when I heard the news.
The world will never see another man so truely influential and significant to his time and culture as Michael Jackson was. He was the top leading cultural influence for generations, as a result of his popular, outstanding award-winning songs and dances (Thriller <3), and world tour concerts. The man was a legend, and left a lasting legacy and impact on our time.
Michael Jackson certainly left his claim to fame. He will be remembered throughout future generations as the iconic legend that he was, and still remains today.
Today, I mourn the loss not only of an amazing one-of-a-kind iconic performer, but also the death of a fellow human being, one that I had often looked up to in years gone by...a soul who now meets his Creator and his future eternity, whatever that may be.
God have mercy on his soul.
Although his later years were not as productive and definitely not as radical or morally significant as his early years, he was one of the best-loved artist and greatest performers history has ever known.
Michael Jackson's sudden death today was a true loss for the entire world, and I hope that they will now view life in a different way because of it.
Michael Jackson, here's to you...you were like none other.

your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career - brain122 - 06-26-2009

Michael Jackson is a legend. In the days to come you will see many thousands of mourners. I could not believe the news when I heard it; I'm sure there is more to the story than what has come out. No doubt the stressful life he has been forced to live has finally taken it's toll. He is the perfect example of what stress can truly do to a person.

Al Sharpton was speaking earlier. He said something that is very true; "hopefully history will be more kind to him than his critics have been". I just thought wow, how true is that statement.

His death will very likely be just as controversial as his life; furthermore, his poor children who have hardly gotten to know what "normal" really means......wow....what's going to happen to them? Michael tried so hard to protect them from what he feared and loved the most, "his fans and the public scrutiny".

He was a creation of our own making. It's truly a shock, a sad day, and it's hard to hear the news without crying. Honestly, it reminds me so much of when I was a young girl and the radio announced Elvis died. Later, the same scenario and feeling when Princess Diana died.

The world will mourn and in the days to come we will realize what a tragic loss this really is.

Actually, I am pretty lost for words on how to describe how I feel. Loss, sad, shocked, absolutely unreal.

your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career - Ruddigore - 06-26-2009

creationstory Wrote:ps what was your opinion of him while u were alive...
Um, that he was...different. I've never liked rock/whatever music, so Michael Jackson never meant much to me. It is sad that he has died, though I never gave him much thought while he lived.

your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career - nick94 - 06-26-2009

Ruddigore Wrote:Um, that he was...different. I've never liked rock/whatever music, so Michael Jackson never meant much to me. It is sad that he has died, though I never gave him much thought while he lived.
My thoughts exactly!

your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career - studyhard - 06-26-2009

Michael who?

hilarious

Sorry, I really never paid much attention to him. In all truthfulness, since I pay so little attention to sports either, I always got he and Michael Jordan mixed up.

your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career - brain122 - 06-26-2009

studyhard Wrote:Michael who?

hilarious

Sorry, I really never paid much attention to him. In all truthfulness, since I pay so little attention to sports either, I always got he and Michael Jordan mixed up.

yes he was a polarizing controversial figure. However, he was a huge part of our music history, dance and the arts.

Odd~ Maybe. But wasn't Albert Einstein, Elvis Presley, Mozart, Pierre & Marie Curie and the likes of many many iconic figures from our history. They are all legends and he is as well.

your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career - bkbarden - 06-27-2009

studyhard Wrote:Michael who?

hilarious

Wow... and I thought I was ignorant of pop culture. I can at least seperate those two. Wink

While I have never followed his career or life, it was still a shock to hear. I almost never listen to music other than Christian, but I've heard some of his songs and he was good. And he was a legend. It's just sad that he became such a bizarre figure later in life. I hope he was ready to meet God.

your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career - cookderosa - 06-27-2009

In the 1980's, I thought he was sooooo cool. My style and taste changed, but for me, it really was the "drug-using child-molester" issue that kept him off my family's radio. We are on vacation now, so we have a TV and he is all that's on.
It's unfortunate that he became addicted to the pain killing drugs, and it's unfortunate that those around him would rather get $$$ than love him and call him out on his behaviors.....but in the end, a body full of Oxycodone, or whatever he took, doesn't care "who" you are.