Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
HRM Saturday Morning! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: HRM Saturday Morning! (/Thread-HRM-Saturday-Morning)

HRM Saturday Morning! - DHammond - 09-21-2006

Hey everbody,

I joined InstantCert a couple of months ago and have enjoyed the forum, and the study guides a great deal. My girlfriend and I are planning on taking the HRM DSST this Saturday, after about 12-15 hours of study (including tomorrow afternoon). Any last minutes tips for this one?

And my main question(s): I know InstantCert doesn't have study material for TCEP's, but does anyone here have any experience with them? I've got to take several in the near future (so does my girlfriend), and we were just curious how they compared with some of the CLEP's and/or Dante's.

TIA!
David

HRM Saturday Morning! - ShotoJuku - 09-22-2006

DHammond Wrote:Hey everbody,

I joined InstantCert a couple of months ago and have enjoyed the forum, and the study guides a great deal. My girlfriend and I are planning on taking the HRM DSST this Saturday, after about 12-15 hours of study (including tomorrow afternoon). Any last minutes tips for this one?

And my main question(s): I know InstantCert doesn't have study material for TCEP's, but does anyone here have any experience with them? I've got to take several in the near future (so does my girlfriend), and we were just curious how they compared with some of the CLEP's and/or Dante's.

TIA!
David

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Welcome to the IC-Family!!

Although I do not have any information on the the HRM exam, I can offer you the advice that I have listed below and wish you both the very best of luck tomorrow when you sit the exam![/COLOR][/SIZE]

HRM Saturday Morning! - fiveninerzero - 09-22-2006

Pretty easy test, a lot of overlap with Prin of Management, Supervision, and Org Behavior, remember, if it sounds Politically Correct, it probably is the right answer. It's mostly a common sense exam.

HRM Saturday Morning! - DHammond - 09-23-2006

Anna(my girlfriend) and I just finished up with the HRM DSST. We studied here on InstantCert, and some in the DSST book, for about 15 hours in the past week and a half, and we feel like we passed the test, but not with flying colors or anything.

The exam wasn't very difficult, the concepts and terms were pretty easy to understand. There did seem to be several things on the test thought that InstantCert didn't cover at all, so I would recommend some outside studying in a textbook or something. The test is mostly common sense, but you have know their terms, and use them they way they want. It was 99 q's, and took us about 1 hour and 45 minutes - which was a lot better than Prin. of Finance! We spent 3 and half hours on that one, and we're still waiting on the results.

So, to wrap it up, I think a solid week of good studying, on InstantCert and maybe a textbook or the DANTE booklet should give you 3 more credit hours!

Thanks for all the help,
David

HRM Saturday Morning! - ShotoJuku - 09-23-2006

DHammond Wrote:Anna(my girlfriend) and I just finished up with the HRM DSST. We studied here on InstantCert, and some in the DSST book, for about 15 hours in the past week and a half, and we feel like we passed the test, but not with flying colors or anything.

The exam wasn't very difficult, the concepts and terms were pretty easy to understand. There did seem to be several things on the test thought that InstantCert didn't cover at all, so I would recommend some outside studying in a textbook or something. The test is mostly common sense, but you have know their terms, and use them they way they want. It was 99 q's, and took us about 1 hour and 45 minutes - which was a lot better than Prin. of Finance! We spent 3 and half hours on that one, and we're still waiting on the results.

So, to wrap it up, I think a solid week of good studying, on InstantCert and maybe a textbook or the DANTE booklet should give you 3 more credit hours!

Thanks for all the help,
David

[SIZE="3"]Post your PASSING results when you receive them - Good Luck!![/SIZE]