Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promoted to Master Sergeant at last!
I have been waiting for this moment for the longest time. This month (July) I can officially be called Master Sergeant (E-8). :willynilly: I've been doing that job for the last 4 years, but will finally be getting paid for it.
I want to thank this forum and of course Instantcert for helping me along the way in pursuit of my degrees. I'm sure my education helped me stand out against my peers that allowed me to get selected for promotion. So I say again, Thank you to all that have helped me.
6 more years of this Army stuff before I hit 20 and can finally retire. :hurray:
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Time to apply for OCS!
Awesome news- Congrats!!!!

And thank you for your service to our country and for your advise here on IC .

Peace123
[SIZE="2"]Congrats on the promotion! ARMY STRONG!! (I think that's the motto now, right?:patriotSmile[/SIZE]
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Well deserved.....
Started 5/09
*** EXAMS PASSED***
[SIZE="1"]Hist I & II, American Gov, Intro to Comp, Prin of Markt, Intro to Bus,
Civil War and Recon, HTYH, A&I Lit, SS & His, Intro Soc, Subs Abuse,
Human G & D , Fund of Coun, Western Civ I, II, Freshman Comp, Vietnam War, Europe Since 1945, Ethics, Technical Writing, Intro to Modern Middle East[SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

TESC:
FEMA: PD Series
ALEK :[/SIZE]
[B][SIZE="1"][I]
“I think therefore I am” Rene Descartes
"Grant me the strength to change the things I can; the serenity to accept the things I can’t... and the wisdom to know the difference".Smile Smile
[/SIZE]
[/B][/I]
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Navy"]For those who believe, no proof is necessary; for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. [I][I][I][I][SIZE="1"]Stuart Chase[/SIZE][/I][/I][/I][/I]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Green"]Congrats - Way To Go - Thanks For Serving!!

:patriot: [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
It sounds like this was a well deserved promotion you should be proud.:hurray:

Now go out and reward yourself with a night off from studyConfusedmilelol:
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
That's great news- CONGRATS!!! cheersmate
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
CONGRATULATIONS Master Sergeant!! That rolls quite nicely off the tongue...Awesome News!!

Thank you for all you do for us.:patriot:

Now how about a nice adult beverage (or 2, 3...) to celebrate??cheersmate

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Congratulations on your promotion!

I hope you got to watch your graduation ceremony and celebrate.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brandman...Earn your Master's in only 7 classes. blaqberry 21 12,587 10-20-2021, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,874 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  My Wife has 77 credits and just needs and Associates to get promoted. Please Help!! eliment 19 5,289 03-13-2018, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Can I use the G.I. Bill for a second Master's degree? Shemrat 15 5,656 10-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Shemrat
  Get credits, Get promoted! Professor_Adam 2 4,891 01-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Old Rusty Pipe