Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior or Charter Oak?
I chose Charter Oak because my credits transferred best to thier school, they returned my phone calls/emails very quickly, and it is a Category 4 school (you can get federal financial aid for Charter Oak).

Exelsior has named majors, which I would have preferred, but they are only a Category 3 school (which means that they didn't meet certain academic standards in order to recieve federal funding for tuition). I was worried that this, coupled with the fact that they have changed their name a few times already might spell trouble in the future. I hope this is not the case, but it was a concern in my mind at the decision-making moment.

I finished with Charter Oak and will graduate on March 31. I have been extremely happy with the service I've recieved here. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't care whether they have a named major or not.

My $.02
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Traditional Credits: 95
Test Credits: 33
Time Saved: 1 1/2 years![/COLOR][/SIZE]
CLEP Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, Introductory Psychology, ECE Human Resource management, ECE Organizational Behavior, Intro to Business, Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union, Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Money and Banking, Business Law II
[SIZE="6"]DONE![/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"]
B.S. Individualized Studies, COSC[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Lifetime Student Wrote:I should be promoted by the fall of this year.

Hey Mike, nice work on Captain. That should have a nice ring to it! Smile
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
I am still cleping out of classes but I really need to decide between Excelsior and Charter Oak. I am going to have my major in computer science haven't really ran across anyone else that got a BS from Excelsior as well I would like to finish so that I can begin working on my masters at Universtiy of Houston by next fall. And while its not my BA or BS - I will be completing the requirements for my AA from my local community college. I'll be the first from my family Smile
Carlos Amador

Houston, TX
62 credits todate
Up next Natural Sciences Rolleyes
Here is an unbiased opinion. Choose my Alma Mater.hilarious
Chartered Life Underwriter-American College 1985
Chartered Financial Consultant-American College 1986
BS Charter Oak State College 2005
BS Psychology-Summa Cum Laude-Excelsior College 2006
Chartered Advisor for Senior Living-American College 2006
carlosamador2006 Wrote:I am still cleping out of classes but I really need to decide between Excelsior and Charter Oak. I am going to have my major in computer science haven't really ran across anyone else that got a BS from Excelsior as well I would like to finish so that I can begin working on my masters at Universtiy of Houston by next fall. And while its not my BA or BS - I will be completing the requirements for my AA from my local community college. I'll be the first from my family Smile

[SIZE="3"]Have you compiled a list of Pros & Cons for both schools yet? Perhaps that will help you make a decision.

Sorry I cannot offer you my own"unbiasEd & objeCtive" suggestion...... :o[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
U are just wonderful . I love the way you wrote that in . I see the EC. U go then hilarious !!!!lol
I have a BA in PSY
ShotoJuku Wrote:Sorry I cannot offer you my own"unbiasEd & objeCtive" suggestion...... :o

Hahahahahahah! Very funny! hilarious
Kate
BS Psychology

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,671 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,046 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,801 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,131 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,852 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,264 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 943 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,235 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,748 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,201 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning