Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit Banking? Confusion TESC/COSC...
Hello! I've been lurking this forum and have used it for mucho info over the last few years.

I'm a veterinary technician part-time. I've slowly been working towards getting licensed. I plan on entering a graduate program in animal behavior. I already know a B.A. OR B.S. from COSC/TESC will work. So far I have 40 various credits from colleges I've attended the past couple of years. I intend on going to COSC I think. I'm wanting to complete the Biology GRE which I confirmed they will accept credit from if I do well. I suspect I will do just fine...

Annnnnnyway, my question is if anyone has used Credit Banking with COSC? I'm not quite ready officially enroll with them. The first college I went to nearly maxed out my student loan limits (LIFE TIME LIMITS!) so I'm kind of on the edge and intend on using them my final semester to finish. Has anyone used them for Credit Banking though? I've thought about TESC as well but, they don't accept GRE...I know they DO accept FEMA directly but, I dunno...I am attracted to their credit banking but, that's not money I have sitting in the bank to pay all at once! They want almost $700 to bank up to 120 credits...Any advice is welcomed!

PS--Not eligible for any kind of employment reimbursement...And can't pull Stafford Loans at this time...Trust me...I am at about $49,000 and am saving the last little bit to finish! Right now I just want to accumulate credits Smile

Thanks!
Sorry if I'm missing a trick but if you have 40 credits without using any sort of 'credit bank', what's stopping you earning another 80?
[SIZE="1"]
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Excelsior College 2012
Master of Arts in International Relations, Staffordshire University, UK - in progress

Aleks
All courses taken, 12 credits applied
CLEP
A&I Literature (74), Intro Sociology (72), Info Systems and Computer Apps (67), Humanities (70), English Literature (65), American Literature (51), Principles of Mangement (65), Principles of Marketing (71)
DSST
Management Information Systems (469), Intro to Computing (461)
Excelsior College
Information Literacy, International Terrorism (A), Contemporary Middle East History (A), Discrete Structures (A), Social Science Capstone (A)
GRE Subject Test
Psychology (93rd percentile, 750 scaled score)
Straighterline
English Composition I&II, Economics I&II, Accounting I&II, General Calculus I, Business Communication

Progress history[/SIZE]
ZooGirl Wrote:Hello! I've been lurking this forum and have used it for mucho info over the last few years.

I'm a veterinary technician part-time. I've slowly been working towards getting licensed. I plan on entering a graduate program in animal behavior. I already know a B.A. OR B.S. from COSC/TESC will work. So far I have 40 various credits from colleges I've attended the past couple of years. I intend on going to COSC I think. I'm wanting to complete the Biology GRE which I confirmed they will accept credit from if I do well. I suspect I will do just fine...

Annnnnnyway, my question is if anyone has used Credit Banking with COSC? I'm not quite ready officially enroll with them. The first college I went to nearly maxed out my student loan limits (LIFE TIME LIMITS!) so I'm kind of on the edge and intend on using them my final semester to finish. Has anyone used them for Credit Banking though? I've thought about TESC as well but, they don't accept GRE...I know they DO accept FEMA directly but, I dunno...I am attracted to their credit banking but, that's not money I have sitting in the bank to pay all at once! They want almost $700 to bank up to 120 credits...Any advice is welcomed!

PS--Not eligible for any kind of employment reimbursement...And can't pull Stafford Loans at this time...Trust me...I am at about $49,000 and am saving the last little bit to finish! Right now I just want to accumulate credits Smile

Thanks!

You really do not need to do a credit bank at either school. I think banking is a waste of your money at this point. I am not sure how much college you have done and what your plans are or time limits for getting your degree. You could use all of that money for testing and classes. Just get testing and when you have some more credits done apply to the school for $75 and see where it all falls on your eval. The eval is good for 6 months.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,364 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,672 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,041 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,802 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,637 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 1,974 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 2,968 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Tedium