Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody else like IKEA furniture
Several months ago I moved into a new apartment. Prior to my move I ended up selling all my old furniture. I ended up buying 2 beds, 2 mattresses, a desk, office chair, TV stand, coffee table, dining table and chairs, and a storage bench from IKEA. I got to admit the quality on IKEA furniture has improved a lot. I am really happy with all the stuff I bought there so far quality wise for the price and their designs and colors are really cool looking imo. The only thing I didn't buy from IKEA was my sofa set. I plan to keep buying odds and ends there while also browsing through Target and Costco. I'm so grateful for IKEA. Awesome!!! Now the only major purchase I need to spend money on is a 50" or above TV for the living room. I already have a 47" TV in my bedroom mounted which saves a lot of space. The only thing I regret is I should've rented a 2BRbanghead. Anyway, what do you guys think of IKEA?
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
I'm buying some bookshelves from them. I've never been a real big fan of IKEA, but I started pricing bookshelves, and even looked at unfinished bookshelves, but they were all too expensive. So I'm going with IKEA and will end up paying about a quarter of the price.
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
LAIVA Bookcase - IKEA This bookshelf from IKEA is ONLY 25 bucks, pretty good size. I saw it last night while I was there purchasing my storage bench. There was another one between 80-90 bucks that looked decent as well. I also saw some reasonably priced bookshelves at Target.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
A couple of moves ago, we did something similar and sold off some of our bigger furniture pieces. Furniture-wise, we have bought a dining table and chairs, various sizes of bookcases, Pong chairs and a desk. I think we enjoy walking through IKEA the most -- seeing the color combinations, getting ideas... Oh, and my hubby always buys some frozen Swedish meatballs and a far of lingenberry jam to take home!

The spindles on the dining chairs have loosened, but that is an easy fix with some wood glue. We love the Billy bookcases so have stuck with that style in various sizes throughout our house (have used in the bathroom, living room and bedrooms).
Ikea is amazing. I have to have a talk with myself whenever we go there otherwise I'd buy far more than I can fit in our vehicle! lol

I love their accessories/dishes/fabrics/etc. the most , as we still have all those big expensive furniture pieces I have as yet been unable to persuade away , lol. I'm still working on it.

We've gotten a few pieces here and there like an the poang chair, an entertainment center and Expedit bookshelves.

There are sites for tweaking your ikea stuff lol, google variations of Ikea Hacks, Ikea Hacker, there are a few of them now I think.

Oh also, if you're the handy type who enjoys building or tweaking, there is an As Is section in Ikea off to the side before you get to the registers, it can be amazing on the right day! LOL
Total Newb Big Grin - Enrolled at TESC for AA, eventually going for BA Psych.

Thanks to everyone who provides such awesome information on this site, I'm slowly getting the hang of this crazy process.

CLEP - Intro. Psych. - 63, A&I Literature - 72, Intro. Edu. Psych. - 59
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
FEMA - 12 Credits
I really like their stainless steel top tables and I especially like their blue colored furniture...wish they had more blue stuff. And what is up with those Swedish meatballs? I tried it once, not so great. Then I decided to give it another shot last night, meh kind of bland if you ask me. I'd rather eat some meatballs from NJ, umm jerseylicious!
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
taylor Wrote:I really like their stainless steel top tables and I especially like their blue colored furniture...wish they had more blue stuff. And what is up with those Swedish meatballs? I tried it once, not so great. Then I decided to give it another shot last night, meh kind of bland if you ask me. I'd rather eat some meatballs from NJ, umm jerseylicious!

lol I think the swedish meatballs are good with gravy and noodles.
Total Newb Big Grin - Enrolled at TESC for AA, eventually going for BA Psych.

Thanks to everyone who provides such awesome information on this site, I'm slowly getting the hang of this crazy process.

CLEP - Intro. Psych. - 63, A&I Literature - 72, Intro. Edu. Psych. - 59
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
FEMA - 12 Credits
Yes, swedish meatballs are not meant to be eaten alone! I personally don't care for the lingonberry jelly, but the rest of the family does.
BGSU_Alum_86 Wrote:Yes, swedish meatballs are not meant to be eaten alone! I personally don't care for the lingonberry jelly, but the rest of the family does.

Well darn it, I wish one of their servers in the cafeteria told me this when I ordered their combo. The combo comes with 15 Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy, and some of that ligonberry jelly you mentioned. I didn't even know that it had a fancy schmancy name, looked like plain ol Smuckers jam to me. All I know is I didn't want any part of that jam touching the rest of my bland meal. Who dips meatballs in jam anyway? Is this a Swedish thing? Hooray for Swedish furniture, Boo on Swedish food! To top it off the server asked me if I wanted 5 more bland meatballs for $1 more. I politely declined "No way Jose." and went straight to the cash register.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
taylor Wrote:Several months ago I moved into a new apartment. Prior to my move I ended up selling all my old furniture. I ended up buying 2 beds, 2 mattresses, a desk, office chair, TV stand, coffee table, dining table and chairs, and a storage bench from IKEA. I got to admit the quality on IKEA furniture has improved a lot. I am really happy with all the stuff I bought there so far quality wise for the price and their designs and colors are really cool looking imo. The only thing I didn't buy from IKEA was my sofa set. I plan to keep buying odds and ends there while also browsing through Target and Costco. I'm so grateful for IKEA. Awesome!!! Now the only major purchase I need to spend money on is a 50" or above TV for the living room. I already have a 47" TV in my bedroom mounted which saves a lot of space. The only thing I regret is I should've rented a 2BRbanghead. Anyway, what do you guys think of IKEA?

My entire school rooms is courtesy of Ikea! I'd never been to one before moving to NC, and at first I thought it was too contemporary, but shelves I bought were SUPER strong and interchangeable and not hard to put together at all (plus low cost!! $) So, I'm a fan! I'm trying to post a pic, still not good at doing that into a post lol. Here it is:
http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac263...1376432113