Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strategic Management TECEP
Has anyone taken the TECEP test for Strategic Management? What was your experience? Best study method?

I'm trying to decide whether to take TECEP or the Penn Foster course. I have 2 classes left Strategic Management and Business in Society. I'm looking for the quickest, easiest way to check these boxes. I hoping to finish before 12/31/14. Any suggestions?
TESC
BSBA-GM
MSM OL

ALEKS
Inter. Algebra
College Algebra

CLEP
Principles of Marketing

DSST
Intro to Computing
Management Info Systems
Business Ethics&Society

SL
English Comp I&II
Cultural Anthropology
Business Ethics
Intro to Business
Principles of Management
Western Civil I&II
US History I&II
Intro to Religion
Intro to Philosophy
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Managerial & Financial Accounting
Intro to Sociology
Business Statistics
Business Law
Business Communication
Organizational Behavior
Student Success
Intro to Environment
Intro to Nutrition
Accounting I&II
Personal Finance
American Government

Sophia
Project Management

Penn Foster
Financial Management
Strategic Management

TESU - MSM Courses
Marketing Management
Leadership in the 21st
HR Management
Economic Issues in Org
Accounting for Managers
Leading Change
Leading Strategic Change
Contemporary Issues in Leadership
Org Leadership I & II
Org Research
Capstone
I have no personal experience with either of these, but the general consensus seems to favor Penn Foster for Strategic Management and DSST Business Ethics and Society. Good luck, you are so close!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
I need to take both of these at some point in the future. As, KayV has stated, the Penn Foster course is a pretty popular way to complete the credit for Strategic Management. That's the way I'm going to complete it as well. Just be aware that you have to attend three weekly webinars so the course takes a minimum of three weeks to complete.

I am going to be taking the Business in Society TECEP at some point, as I need to ensure I have the 8 total TECEPs required for the Per Credit tuition, but I'm not looking forward to it due to the fact that it has not one but three essays.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
BUMP I've been wondering about the Strategic Management TECEP myself. I was planning to register for it this term. I even ordered the textbook from amazon two weeks ago and it hasn't been shipped so I cancelled it and registered for a different set of TECEPS. Now I'm considering the Penn Foster route. I have seen a lot of people saying that the Penn Foster course can be done in a week but requires 3 chat webinars (1 per week), so it actually takes three weeks to complete it. Cost is a little more for Penn Foster, non resident tecep $111 +$20 for used textbook versus about $200 for Penn Foster. Hope someone can tell us just how deep the TECEP is so we can decide.
Jima60 Wrote:Has anyone taken the TECEP test for Strategic Management? What was your experience? Best study method?

I'm trying to decide whether to take TECEP or the Penn Foster course. I have 2 classes left Strategic Management and Business in Society. I'm looking for the quickest, easiest way to check these boxes. I hoping to finish before 12/31/14. Any suggestions?

Hello,

I took the TECEP and have read over the study guide for the Penn Foster course. My advice, go with PF it is so much easier. If you need to take the TECEP let me know, I still have my notes and quite a bit of study material to prepare for the exam. I studied for much longer than 3 weeks for the TECEP, it was actually probably close to six weeks before I felt ready to test.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Do NOT plan on getting PF's class done in three weeks. While you might be able to get the exams, chat rooms, and project done within three weeks, the webinars were not offered every week. (Was there a post that said that there was a new instructor? That might have changed the scheduling.) It's sort of like a 12-step program in that you just jump in, register for three webinars, and take them. One of my webinars was cancelled a few hours before it was to begin, and there wasn't a webinar every Sunday evening.

PF was good about grading the project (paper) quickly. With the exams, you get two opportunities for each test. The chat rooms are as easy or as hard as you make them. The chat postings are a bit harder than getting a degree from UNC in that you actually have to SHOW up, but not much harder than that!
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
I am planning on taking this test with in a few weeks, any notes or tips would be appreciated
spmartin94 Wrote:I am planning on taking this test with in a few weeks, any notes or tips would be appreciated
check your inbox

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
I know it's been years, but do you by chance still have those notes handy on TECEP Strategic Management?
Did you pass the TECEP Strategic Management? I'm close to taking it but don't find much input on it in this site...finding the material very readable but a little worried as it's my last 3 credits...thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,756 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,997 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,175 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,812 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,485 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,562 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,718 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,202 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,872 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,526 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew