Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
physics with lab from Straighterline
Any feedback from people who have taken (or are currently taking) physics with the lab component at Straighterline?

I've taken a number of classes at Straighterline but I'm asking about this one in particular. What about the lab? Is it really tough? Is the lab kit absolutely necessary?

Thanks!
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
ladylearner Wrote:Any feedback from people who have taken (or are currently taking) physics with the lab component at Straighterline?

I've taken a number of classes at Straighterline but I'm asking about this one in particular. What about the lab? Is it really tough? Is the lab kit absolutely necessary?

Thanks!

From what I understand the lab kit is necessary. I took it at a local community college just because it was cheaper than doing it through straighterline (Lab kit costs). I know there are a few community colleges that have an online component that may be cheaper; however, I do not know of them off hand. I would have to do some research regarding that. Sorry.
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015
Good afternoon,
I attempted physics 1 with the lab through straighterline. The labs are required. The course is also calculus based, if you have a good grasp with that level of math, you should do well. I elected to do my physics requirements through TESC. However, I still have the lab kit from the straighterline course. if you decide to take it, you can purchase it from me if you wish, for half of what they are charging plus shipping. Good luck!
inetpilot Wrote:Good afternoon,
I attempted physics 1 with the lab through straighterline. The labs are required. The course is also calculus based, if you have a good grasp with that level of math, you should do well. I elected to do my physics requirements through TESC. However, I still have the lab kit from the straighterline course. if you decide to take it, you can purchase it from me if you wish, for half of what they are charging plus shipping. Good luck!

This is great to know! For this poster and anyone else, not all physics courses are calculus based (ones for science majors usually are) so if you're not mathy-sciency, you might want to look for one that is algebra based. Though it's probably as expensive, my algebra based physics w/lab was taken at Ocean County College via distance learning. Good luck!
cookderosa Wrote:This is great to know! For this poster and anyone else, not all physics courses are calculus based (ones for science majors usually are) so if you're not mathy-sciency, you might want to look for one that is algebra based. Though it's probably as expensive, my algebra based physics w/lab was taken at Ocean County College via distance learning. Good luck!

This is very helpful (as always). I always have the less expensive option of taking it at Patten, but I had some setbacks so I try to fill in some of the holes of my degree plan when I can if it doesn't cost too much.
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 827 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 664 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Calc based Physics needed Hometeacher628 14 1,364 09-14-2022, 03:53 PM
  Self paced physics I and II with lab dustyflyer 8 2,105 09-12-2022, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Hometeacher628
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,071 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 877 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 3,654 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Liberty University Online BS in Physics and BS Civil Engineering armstrongsubero 2 1,532 04-11-2021, 12:38 PM
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,284 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
  chemistry I and Physics I with LAB SL bingo1 14 2,272 09-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Last Post: CableGuy98