Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look up who you are by googling your school combinations and linkedin?
My husband told me that you can look up who people are if they have been to a unique combination of say 3 or more schools and they have a linkedin account. I put him to the test and my combination of schools didn't bring me up on Google on the top listing but I was several pages in and I told him to try another well-known member here (I promise I wasn't trying to be creep...just wanted to see if he was right) and I'm pretty sure I know who this member is now because of the unique combination of schools. This was confirmed when their location on linkedin matched the location they have posted many times on this forum in addition to the graduation dates on their signature matching with the dates on their LinkedIn account. I just wanted you guys to know that's a potential issue if you are anonymity is really important to you!
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
You have to be careful, the Google is strong.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I was aware of this, especially with people with unique school attendance. I tested it out before, but nothing more than a passing curiosity. I never posted this because it acts more like instructions rather than a warning.

Me personally, I have already invited members to connect with me on Linkedin, nothing for me to hide, but I respect your privacy Smile
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
soliloquy Wrote:My husband told me that you can look up who people are if they have been to a unique combination of say 3 or more schools and they have a linkedin account. I put him to the test and my combination of schools didn't bring me up on Google on the top listing but I was several pages in and I told him to try another well-known member here (I promise I wasn't trying to be creep...just wanted to see if he was right) and I'm pretty sure I know who this member is now because of the unique combination of schools. This was confirmed when their location on linkedin matched the location they have posted many times on this forum in addition to the graduation dates on their signature matching with the dates on their LinkedIn account. I just wanted you guys to know that's a potential issue if you are anonymity is really important to you!

When I type in all 3 of my school's names, a lot of my degree forum posts come up which would reveal my name....which wasn't a secret lol. But, still this seems like a fun creeper game to play this summer when I'm bored. Smile
I have no question about the lack of anonymity. I had a school administrator contact me about a complaint I made on here about one of their classes.
This is the type of stuff I look up every once in awhile. My LinkedIn profile looks pretty filled out, but I actually don't list a lot of info on it for this exact reason. I don't have a photo on LinkedIn either because I had so many photos online under my professional name, and the possibility of Google connecting to my legal name with their facial recognition technology freaks me out. As a matter of fact I think the only person on here whom I've shared a photo with is Jennifer. She could use it to figure out who I am, but i don't think its really worth the effort to her. :-)
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
SweetSecret Wrote:This is the type of stuff I look up every once in awhile. My LinkedIn profile looks pretty filled out, but I actually don't list a lot of info on it for this exact reason. I don't have a photo on LinkedIn either because I had so many photos online under my professional name, and the possibility of Google connecting to my legal name with their facial recognition technology freaks me out. As a matter of fact I think the only person on here whom I've shared a photo with is Jennifer. She could use it to figure out who I am, but i don't think its really worth the effort to her. :-)

I never share anything on this board outside of this board (because Steve works hard to run this business, I'm certainly not going to go around him- I want people to come HERE and get this info so this forum can sustain a long, healthy, life) and I always refer to a person by the name they use publicly - realname/screenname/whatever, so nothing to worry about with me. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicaragua seizes all assets from INCAE Business School elcastor21 0 297 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Found: $1,500 (TOTAL) At-own-pace Law School dcan 48 9,079 08-28-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: resistk
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,525 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,587 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Would you keep a part time job listed on your LinkedIn Vle045 3 787 04-26-2022, 11:23 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  School Psychologists?? Vle045 3 909 01-21-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  U of Michigan removes School President bjcheung77 0 557 01-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Worst School Name Alpha 13 2,064 10-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Should taxpayers fund any and every choice in school and/or major? sanantone 14 1,653 08-19-2021, 01:19 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Back 2 School - Buy Mac/iPad - get AirPods + 20% off AppleCare bjcheung77 0 672 06-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77