Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Roadmap for New Excelsior College Students
This may or may not be a dense question, but I was looking for study materials for TESC and some of the ECE tests. There doesn't seem to be too many, does TESC just offer similar tests to dantes and clep?
BA in Business Admin @ Park University...5 classes to go..3 Cleppable (new word!) DUN DUN DUNNN!!

Passed

Organization Behavior - 49/48 Peterson's only
Ethics in America - 425/400 Peterson's only
Principles of Microeconomics (2nd) - 54/50 Peterson's and InstantCert Flaschards

Failed

Principles of Marketing - 48/49 Peterson's only
Principles of Microeconomics 31/49 Peterson's only

On deck

Business Law I
Business Law II
Labor Relations
Dawn,

Can you provide me with a quick overview of your Social Psychology ECE exam? I'm currently studying for Social Psychology ECE and since is my first ECE exam I'm afraid of failing.

Can you also send your reply to anthony.hinds@navy.mil

Thank you Yutzyj

Tony
Hello everyone

I am trying to earn my Masters degree in Nursing and I already have a BS degree in Healthcare Management just about all of my classes will transfer. I went to a university and I earned this degree, but I am running out of time I have only two years left to get my MSN so I can enter the military.
The classes that I need are listed below can anyone tell me the quickest way to earn these credits? I am a very persistent person who do not mind studying or applying myself to get where I need to be. This will put me one step away from my dream goal of being a nurse practitioner. I have read so many post of individuals earning their degree this way so please help me.

A. HUMANITIES
SIGN LAGUAGE
B. SOCIAL SCIENCES/HISTORY
FOUNDATIONS OF GERONTOLOGY
AFRICAN AMERICAN HISTORY
INTRODUCTORY OF PSYCHOLOGY
INTRODUCTORY SOCIOLOGY
C. NATURAL SCIENCES/MATHEMATICS
MICROBIOLOGY
D. ARTS AND SCIENCES ELECTIVES
PSYCHOLOGY OF ADULTHOOD & AGING
ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY
SIGN LAGUAGE <<< check your local CC

Below are testing out options:

FOUNDATIONS OF GERONTOLOGY >>ECE
PSYCHOLOGY OF ADULTHOOD & AGING >>>ECE
ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY >> ECE

INTRODUCTORY OF PSYCHOLOGY>> UExcel or clep / dsst ( one of them has it)
INTRODUCTORY SOCIOLOGY>>>clep / dsst ( one of them has it)

The good news is if you plan your test right you can save study time by grouping your testing.
foundations of G & Psych A&A have alot of overlap so take them close together while the info is fresh in your mind

psychology & sociology also has some overlap.
peace123 Wrote:SIGN LAGUAGE <<< check your local CC

Below are testing out options:

FOUNDATIONS OF GERONTOLOGY >>ECE
PSYCHOLOGY OF ADULTHOOD & AGING >>>ECE
ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY >> ECE

INTRODUCTORY OF PSYCHOLOGY>> UExcel or clep / dsst ( one of them has it)
INTRODUCTORY SOCIOLOGY>>>clep / dsst ( one of them has it)

The good news is if you plan your test right you can save study time by grouping your testing.
foundations of G & Psych A&A have alot of overlap so take them close together while the info is fresh in your mind

psychology & sociology also has some overlap.

Thank you for the information but I am not sure where to go and take these tests do Pearson offer them. Also what is CC is it Chambers of Commerce? The advise will help me greatly since I have to drive over two hours to take the tests.
Quote:CC

Community College... They're usually a lot more inexpensive than 4 yr colleges/universities, and have class hours that are easier on working adults. (evenings/weekends)
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
WENDYSGADSON Wrote:Thank you for the information but I am not sure where to go and take these tests do Pearson offer them. Also what is CC is it Chambers of Commerce? The advise will help me greatly since I have to drive over two hours to take the tests.

ECE and Uexcel exams are taken at Peasonvue centers.

For Cleps and DSST/DANTES check their websites for testing centers in your area.

CC= Community College
Does anyone know if A&I Lit would be ok to take for the applied courses at Excelsior?
If you're talking about the stuff you mentioned here -
Quote:Its been a while, Ive been waiting on Excelsior to tell me what to do next. It says I need 6 credits in Natural Science/Math distribution, 10 credits in Additional professional or Arts and Sciences, 1 credit in Social Science/History Distribution and 1 credit for Information Literacy. These are all I need to complete my associates degree. Can I test in all these and then enroll and turn them in??? Also which tests would be the best to take to get done quicklly? Thanks

A&I Lit counts as a Humanities course, it would fit in the 10 additional professional or arts & sciences area.

Well, I just reread your post. Applied courses? Do you have an example?
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
It says Additional Professional credits or Arts and Science needed is 10. Does that fall under there?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 403 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 937 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,584 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,646 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,315 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,337 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,074 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,735 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,256 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,311 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az