Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test your way to Masters?
Disregard my post.
Heriot-Watt only requires exams, but that may be a little more difficult than what you are looking for.
Previous Credits:
Traditional 57
CLEP English w/essay 6
Heriot-Watt MBA 7 Modules + 1 Tenative Compensatory Pass

IC Study Credits:
Info. Systems & Comp Apps. CLEP 68
Principles of Marketing CLEP 79
Principles of Management CLEP 73
Working On B.S. Marketing from Excelsior & finishing MBA from Heriot-Watt
Total Credits to Date: 86
I am not testing my way out of my Masters, but am completing an online course....with no time limits, which is the next best thing. Check out California Coast University for details. They are nationally accredited and you can complete your degree as fast as you want....but they won't award it to you faster than 9 months. I can tell you from first hand experience....it is not easy, but it is doable. Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
You May want to check out Western Governors university. They have compentenancy based programs.

http://www.wgu.edu

Check them out and see if they fit your needs.
I remember reading something about this at bain4wks.com. I don't remember the particulars, but it might be worth checking out.
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
Now there's some great information. That led me to a site that, while it may not be 100% accurate, is a great attempt to consolidate cost comparisons amongst the most affordable, and accredited, online schools. Check out my nomination for the link of the day below:

Home--GetEducated.com, Online Degree Rankings and Directory and Online MBA Rankings

chiotwnron Wrote:You May want to check out Western Governors university. They have compentenancy based programs.

http://www.wgu.edu

Check them out and see if they fit your needs.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
Aspen seems to offer a fast alternative to a Masters (similar to CCU).

Highlights are:

1. Only 1 exam in entire program (proctored though)
2. Courses can be taken online independant so you can go as fast as you like with assignments
3. Up to half the degree can be transferred in via prior work, MSCE, or PMP.
4. $4500 for entire program

It's not testing out like HW - but it could be very, very fast (which may be what you're looking for). The downside is it's DETC.

Greg
Quote:It's not testing out like HW - but it could be very, very fast (which may be what you're looking for). The downside is it's DETC.

Greg

Greg,
OK, I know I'm opening a BIG bag of worms here, but why is DETC accreditation a downside? Is this a kickback into the age-old argument about regional VS National accreditation...or is it more? I am enrolled at CCU now and they are also DETC.... Thanks, Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
I'll just make like I don't see any worms and share my latest observation. Before reading this thread, I was aware of WGU but hadn't looked into their programs at all. I found it interesting, and encouraging, that they felt it worthwhile to pursue accreditation through DETC even though they had regional accreditation. While they're still tooting their RA horn a little louder, I think they're part of the solution when it comes to increasing the visibility and validity of DETC accreditation.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
I apologize for my poor wording regarding DETC being Aspen's 'downside'...I wasn't trying to sound snooty or talk down to DETC (that dead horse has been whipped enough).

DETC is equivalent to RA - however, some find the utility to be less than RA.

Personally, I don't see it as a 'downside' ...but more of a FYI. For instance, if you're going for your Phd and hope to teach - you may be better served with a RA masters.

Greg

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 149 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 245 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 467 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,413 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Masters in Public Admin Mike Williams 11 1,750 06-17-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: teejayb
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 458 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI & Masters Degree midnite123 9 1,724 11-10-2022, 06:04 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 931 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 838 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 778 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso