Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
90 Credit Transfer Policy thru ACE and applied to Degree Requirements at TESU
I just realized that TESU only accepts 90 credits from one source. So technically if I transfer my P.F. courses to ACE and apply them, I will be over the 90 credit limit. Does TESU ever make exceptions to this credit transfer policy? If not, then what are my options since I'm at 87 credits right now with ACE and I have 5 more classes to go thru P.F., I'm actually done with 4 of them just haven't transferred to ACE yet.

So my follow up question would be, could I transfer the Penn Foster credits to an institution such as a community college and then transfer them to TESU? I must not have been the only one to come across this problem before?
ACE doesn't count as a source. If you had 90cr from SL, that would be one source. But ACE is just a credit bank for many different sources. Transfer Credit
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:ACE doesn't count as a source. If you had 90cr from SL, that would be one source. But ACE is just a credit bank for many different sources. Transfer Credit

Okay cause my graded evaluation reads that they accepted 87 credits from ACE and I only have 3 left to use.

The majority of my credits on ACE are S/L. As I didn't send them directly from Straighterline.

I guess I will have to file an appeal then.

Thanks.
If they give you a hard time just separate your SL credit from ACE. TESC accepts transcripts directly from straighterline. You order it through your SL account and it is free. I would then ask ACE to remove the SL courses from its transcript. (You can always add again later.) Once complete add your penn foster courses to ACE and send new transcript to TESC.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:If they give you a hard time just separate your SL credit from ACE. TESC accepts transcripts directly from straighterline. You order it through your SL account and it is free. I would then ask ACE to remove the SL courses from its transcript. (You can always add again later.) Once complete add your penn foster courses to ACE and send new transcript to TESC.

I don't have an SL account anymore is the problem. I earned most of my straighterline credits in 2012.

I sent academic advising an email and basically mentioned how can I be at the 87/90 ACE credit limit when the majority of my ACE credits are Straighterline which is a separate credit source. I basically outlined that I transferred my S/L credits to ACE so I could make it easier on them to do my academic evaluation vs. sending it from S/L and ACE, etc.

Crossing my fingers that their response goes in my favor.
Penn foster is a nationally accredited institution, you can just send the credits from a penn foster transcript if they give you a hard time about the SL
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:Penn foster is a nationally accredited institution, you can just send the credits from a penn foster transcript if they give you a hard time about the SL

No! TESU never accepts Nationally Accredited credits! If these don't go through ACE, you won't get credit. ACE is the only reason TESU takes these.
cookderosa Wrote:No! TESU never accepts Nationally Accredited credits! If these don't go through ACE, you won't get credit. ACE is the only reason TESU takes these.

ah, good to know. sorry for the misleading info
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:ah, good to know. sorry for the misleading info

no worries- I make mistakes all the time, that's why this forum is great, you have a bunch of other eyes helping keep things accurate!
Borashi Wrote:I don't have an SL account anymore is the problem. I earned most of my straighterline credits in 2012.

I sent academic advising an email and basically mentioned how can I be at the 87/90 ACE credit limit when the majority of my ACE credits are Straighterline which is a separate credit source. I basically outlined that I transferred my S/L credits to ACE so I could make it easier on them to do my academic evaluation vs. sending it from S/L and ACE, etc.

Crossing my fingers that their response goes in my favor.

You should still be able to still sign on. I just logged in to my account and I have not visited in years. There is a send transcript icon on the first page. If not, just give them a call to request the transcript.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,456 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 771 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,179 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM