Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESU] Enroll time vs evaluation
Thank you all for your advice and knowledge.
The world is - always changing, yeah?
dfrecore Wrote:I'm confused. You're saying you can sign up for the June term now??? I'm not seeing how that's possible. Right now is registration for the July term, which starts July 5. I've NEVER heard that you could register for a course/TECEP outside of the registration process, in all my years of being on this forum.

In your instance, you're saying they let you register for the May term when? March 29? That's the correct time period for registering for the May term. The rule was that if you registered for the May term during the regular registration period (Mar 21-Apr 16), then TECEP's taken during that May term counted towards residency. There was no exception made or grandfathering in that I can see. This was just the normal process.

I was referring to comment #3. It is possible to do, just a matter of convincing the right human at TESU to do it for you. Unlikely? sure. Impossible? Never. I was told by the registrar that I qualified "luckily" because I signed up before April 1st when the policy changed. TESU told a lot of people different things but I understood the cut off to be April the 1st. Point is, Register now like he is planning and see what happens, Its my opinion that he can avoid the cornerstone by doing so but I guess we will all find out.
Actually, after re-reading your original post, I would just apply for graduation, assuming you are certain that all of your credits will transfer in as planned. but call TESU and let them know what you are trying to do. They might be persuaded to speed up your evaluation even if just by a couple of days and get you in before the cornerstone requirement (ps. It is actually 25 business days they can take to evaluate the transcripts so you really need to light a fire under them!)
So I was in a similar situation as the OP. I had registered and payed for everything a few days ago for the July term. Since I got an email saying I have to be "enrolled" before July 1st in order to avoid the cornerstone class, I wasn't sure if registering and paying for my classes qualified me as officially enrolled before July 1st or not. I called TESU and was told by two people that I would indeed have to take the course. I threw a bit of a (polite) fit and was transferred three times. Eventually I spoke to someone in admissions and said something along the lines of "The email I received is somewhat deceiving and I was under the impression I would not have to take the cornerstone because I registered and payed before July 1st. The course seems very unnecessary as I am a very experienced online student. Also, I can't afford the class. Is there anyway the class can be waived?" She told me she would speak to her supervisor and then call me back. Just got a call back and she said they would waive it! Wooohooo! Moral of the story is, if you diligently advocate for yourself it can be waived!! Smile
I will look into this for myself as well, be back with any updates I may have in the next emails to TESU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you all for your suggestions and input.

I paid the residency waiver. By phone TESU suggested registering for a TECEP, but I needed guaranteed enrollment before the deadline of the calendar change.
Goal is to complete ASBA asap. I work for a big organization that is downsizing.
traveler Wrote:Thank you all for your suggestions and input.

I paid the residency waiver. By phone TESU suggested registering for a TECEP, but I needed guaranteed enrollment before the deadline of the calendar change.
Goal is to complete ASBA asap. I work for a big organization that is downsizing.

I created a thread about my experience and email response from TESU

http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...quest.html
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Received email today:
TESU; "We will have your evaluation completed as soon as possible."
(In all fairness, CC's were quite slow (one still not showing), and have already made adjustments to ACE, SL, and added outstanding CLEP test.)

How can I say they were slow, when it took me years?

Regards,
traveler

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore