Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straightliners - Park University
I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section but I haven't seen much mention of Park University. Has anyone used Straightliners and was successful with transferring credits over to Park University? I tried searching the forums and google. I came across a dated tweet from Straightliners that a person was able to transfer credits over but that was back in 2012. I need 3 more classes (9 credits) to graduate. I've been taking CLEPs and DSSTs but I saw this and it looked interesting.

My spouse is also starting his degree and this looked very much appealing to him. He's in the same university as me.

Any insights?
Jehan48 Wrote:I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section but I haven't seen much mention of Park University. Has anyone used Straightliners and was successful with transferring credits over to Park University? I tried searching the forums and google. I came across a dated tweet from Straightliners that a person was able to transfer credits over but that was back in 2012. I need 3 more classes (9 credits) to graduate. I've been taking CLEPs and DSSTs but I saw this and it looked interesting.

My spouse is also starting his degree and this looked very much appealing to him. He's in the same university as me.

Any insights?

I just did a quick search on Park University and looked at their school website...
From the looks of things, they accept ACE credits for Military, you can find out.

Email them asking if they would accept The three or more Straighterline courses you would like.
I searched Straighterline and Park University is not a partner college / university.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Haven't heard of it, and I checked Straighterline's website, Park University is not a partner college (that would have been an easy way to see if they accepted SL). But, your best bet is just to ask your school if they accept SL courses, or ACE-approved courses.

Which 3 courses do you need? That makes a difference too.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'm unsure about Straightliner, but my husband just transferred over ALEKS credits and they accepted with no questions asked.

You may want to ask your enrollment counselor. They are really hands on a and walk you through the entire process.

ETA: He sent his counselor a message back in May asking if they accept the free ALEKS, TEEX, FEMA and The Institutes. (He's only complete ALEKS so far)

The reply: More than likely, yes – those transfer credit will be accepted. Send them in, and we’ll get them evaluated.

Take care,
Rachel
Thanks for the quick replies! Turns out, they don't accept them, which is very unfortunate. I need 9 credits/ 3 courses in anything, electives.

Rachel-I find it interesting that they told your husband yes for the FEMA. They told me they wouldn't accept it(this was also in May). I wish everyone was on the same page.
Rachel is his admission person. She didn't confirm but said more than likely. His email is from May 18th.

Thanks for following up. It's great to know that Straightliner is not accepted.
nnahh said that they accept ALEKS. If you haven't yet gotten credit for a bunch of math courses yet, this is a great option. It's $20/mo, with an unproctored final exam. They transfer the credits to ACE very quickly. And you can take more than 1 course in that month. As soon as you finish one and send it to ACE, you can start on the next one.

They have 9 ACE-approved courses, but your college may or may not accept all of them, so maybe nnahh could enlighten you to show what courses were taken and what credit was given?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:nnahh said that they accept ALEKS. If you haven't yet gotten credit for a bunch of math courses yet, this is a great option. It's $20/mo, with an unproctored final exam. They transfer the credits to ACE very quickly. And you can take more than 1 course in that month. As soon as you finish one and send it to ACE, you can start on the next one.

They have 9 ACE-approved courses, but your college may or may not accept all of them, so maybe nnahh could enlighten you to show what courses were taken and what credit was given?

+1, I would ask them again just to be sure, if they're accepting ALEKS, they are ACE recommended credits....
The others such as Penn Foster, Saylor, Straighterline, Study.com and so on should ALSO be available for use....
As I mentioned earlier, on their website, they accept ACE credits for the military folks, ask again to see if they can do that for civilians.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1813[/ATTACH]

The College Algebra came in as the math requirment. Intermediate Algebra came in an elective.

Bjcheung77 made a good point. My husband is military so they may have a different set of rules.

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">image.jpg (Size: 14.77 KB / Downloads: 0)
Oh wow-I will double check for sure. The ALEKS, I only ever heard of it on this forum(the things you learn!) is it difficult-time-consuming? I want to be done done everything processed by October 9th.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 230 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,624 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,566 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,942 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 605 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,246 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,618 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 353 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 483 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,495 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff