Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quickest Study.com Courses
Karlsen Wrote:Has anyone tried Studys UL courses? How difficult are they? What is the homework like? If any. Im looking into taking Advanced Techinical Writing.

Have not taken Advanced Technical Writing but I have taken 2 UL courses (Digital Marketing and Project Management). The projects were both 10-15 slide PowerPoints and not overly difficult. They were graded quickly with specific feedback.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

Thank you for your feedback! Smile
Karlsen Wrote:Has anyone tried Studys UL courses? How difficult are they? What is the homework like? If any. Im looking into taking Advanced Techinical Writing.

I took Business 308: Globalization & International Management and I didn't find it any harder then their 101 courses. I got a 92 with a normal amount of study.
gremlinbrawler Wrote:I took Business 308: Globalization & International Management and I didn't find it any harder then their 101 courses. I got a 92 with a normal amount of study.

The 4 required essays make that one a bit more time consuming, though.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:The 4 required essays make that one a bit more time consuming, though.

Definitely. At the time that I took it they only had 1 essay. 4 is a bit overkill.
Business 308 now requires 4 essays instead of 1?
Karlsen Wrote:Business 308 now requires 4 essays instead of 1?

My son took it in December and had to complete 4 essays.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Thank you for the heads-up!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 380 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,481 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,686 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,796 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat