Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share
My enrollment counselor reached out to confirm the news is true. It just went down within the last few days and came due to new accreditation guidelines that WGU adjusted to immediately.

Lunch selection is The Beachcomber Cafe in Crystal Cove and a trail walk down to the beach. Who's ready & hungry? Smile
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2337&stc=1][h=1][/h]

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">slidecc.jpg (Size: 86.34 KB / Downloads: 12)
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Submitted my last task for Ethical Leadership and waiting for it to be graded. Currently working on Change Management and Innovation. Bummer to hear! I was accelerating hoping to be able to knock 2 of my MBA courses out as well! I guess I can slow down just a bit now(44% complete) and my semester isn't over until September 30th. I was hoping to be able to take 2 MBA courses, so I was really on my Ps and Qs. I guess that would mean that we would be stuck knocking out the other 6 or 7 MBA courses in the next semester. I was really hoping to be done by December with both :'( Please let me know other info as you learn about it!
I'm really enjoying this thread. Keep it up! My future may include an MBA through WGU so it's been cool following along.
Why Wait for June!

Management & Leadership Capstone C210 - Problem Statement Approved

Task 1 consists of a series of forms that need to be filled out by you and the business you have partnered with on the project. Prior to any of the forms being submitted, the student must have their 'Problem Statement' approved for the assignment. This company will be used in Task 2 (written) & within a portion of Task 3 (PowerPoint Presentation)

Task 1:
Business Problem Statement -Complete/Approved
Capstone Verification Form - Complete
Student Capstone Waiver Form - Complete
Human Subject FAQ - Complete
IRB Compliance Form - Complete

My plan was to submit everything June 1st but I ended up with some idle time on Monday (1am Wink and just knocked it out. I was surprised to have it back this afternoon approved. Even though I expected an approval, now seeing Task 1 of 4 of my capstone completed has me pretty excited.

Task 2 - Formal Business Report (16-20 Pages). My goal is to have this completed by close of June.

Task 3 - Powerpoint Presentation (15min). I will definitely get this done in June and just need to secure a few days on creating and practicing.

Totally feels like I am running down hill now Smile

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Just submitted the PA for Change Management and Innovation-C208(#333 in the queue). I guess it's time to study for the exam. I'm an AWFUL test taker. I guess I should take the time today and tomorrow to go over the material!
PMInTraining Wrote:Just submitted the PA for Change Management and Innovation-C208(#333 in the queue). I guess it's time to study for the exam. I'm an AWFUL test taker. I guess I should take the time today and tomorrow to go over the material!

Good luck!

Put the time in and you will do well on the exam. Cut Off Score is on your side even if you freeze up a little. How are you doing on the pre-exam? The final is definitely a more detailed exam.

Change Management Models - Entrepreneurial Processes - Culture, Organizational & Change topics, as you noticed are in the pre-test but make sure to actually understand these topics prior to jumping into the final.

Look forward to celebrating your success.

I decided to procrastinate a bit lol. About to dive into it now. I have some more reading to do and I plan on taking notes. I'll take the pre-assessment tomorrow. I have a meeting set up with my CM on Tuesday to get some tips and discuss how everything went for me. I meet with my SM on Wednesdays, so hopefully if I do well enough on the Pre-Test and feel comfortable, I'll have her unlock the test and I can take the actual exam by Friday. Then use next weekend to dive into Business Acumen!
I too am working on the MSML program. I started this month on 5/1 but got a head start right after orientation on 4/15.

So far here is my progress:

C203 Becoming an Effective Leader - Completed May 6th
C200 Managing Organizations and Leading People - Completed May 8th
C202 Managing Human Capital- Completed May 11th
C204 Management Communication - Task 1 Complete, Task 2 pending in taskstream
C205 Leading Teams -- Task 1 pending in Tasksteam, Cohort starts on June 5th for team project
C201 Business Acumen-- prepping this week to take the exam this coming weekend. I did okay on the pretest but would like to brush up to be a bit stronger. Can anyone who has recently taken this exam chime in on their thoughts re: difficulty and provide any pointers?

I too am shooting for the 6th month completion. My goal is to get the classes above and Ethical Leadership completed by the end of June and month 2 of my term.
Great job on your first month Mag48. Keep this pace and you will definitely be able to reach your 6-month goal. The assignments & exams are progressively harder in the second half of the classes; make sure to keep your foot on the gas to allow for extra study and writing time when needed.

Best advice on Business Acumen is to get that pre-test score up. Shoot for 80%+ and you will be able to pass the final exam for sure. Spend time in your pre-test coaching areas and you will be fine.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,733 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st mohelena02 33 4,940 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,142 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,739 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,482 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,735 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 6,733 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,330 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,220 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,205 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100