Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share
Im having a hard time studying for the C208 OA. The material is sooooo dry.
PMInTraining Wrote:Im having a hard time studying for the C208 OA. The material is sooooo dry.

How did you do on the pre-assesment? I am psyching myself out on Business Acumen. I know with a little reading and studying I will be able to pass. I just don't like the uncertainty. At least with the taskstream assignments if you mess up you get feedback, correct it, and go on with your program. I am going to read all of the text this week and take the exam on Saturday. Hopefully all goes well...
ndelcollo Wrote:I'm really enjoying this thread. Keep it up! My future may include an MBA through WGU so it's been cool following along.

I am in this boat as well, thanks everyone for the feedback! You're all doing great Smile

I'm also someone who hates writing papers. I like what I'm reading re: the taskstream assignments, but please reassure me it's not a horribly intimidating undertaking?
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018
Still havent taken the pre-assessment. I'm psyching myself out. I'm about to go home and bury myself in the material for about 4 hours. I LOVE writing. I'm an AWFUL test taker. The rubrics really help. If you follow the directions and double check off the rubric, you'll be fine. I had 1 thing returned 1 time and that was my fault for not reading Smile .
PMInTraining - from this point forward, I suggest that you release the statement 'I'm an Awful test taker'. A firm believer that we can speak things into existence. Your mind wants to reward you....your command is 'I'm AWFUL'...your mind then spends all test making sure it rewards that command. Also, this energy you feel now is actually causing you to experience failing the exam prior to even taking the exam. Think about it...that is not who you are and I don't need to know you to have that position.

Some need very little study time to pass and some need a ton. Figure out what you need to crush this exam and make it happen. Celebrate passing the exam today. Really...spend tonight toasting to passing the exam and use that fuel to study and use it during the exam.

Make your next post on Change Management & Innovation about passing the exam!!!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
MSML - Leading Teams 205 - Task 2 Complete

The final submission consisted of:

Team PowerPoint Presentation
Team Charter Form
Assignment Designation Form
Paper (10 Pages - could have been done in fewer pages *7/8 if that was a focus. I enjoyed writting the paper and just let it flow)

Officially have 1 class and the Captstone to go.

Task 1 of MBA/MSML Data-Driven Making Decisions should be complete by June 10th for submission. I already have the core of the paper outlined and now just need to flush it out to meet all the requirements. Plan on taking the exam by end of the month unless inspired to tackle it earlier.

Entertaining, trying to get everything done in June but don't have a real driver to spend that level of focus for the month. That would put me at a 4 month completion but I think 4.5 - 5 months would make the finish of the program more enjoyable. My wife likes me knocking it out this month so she can get some more of my attention back Wink

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Passed the C201 Exam for Business Acumen about an hour ago! What a relief to have that one over with! I got a 75% on the exam.

Got assigned my team yesterday for C205 and hope I have a motivated group that wants to move quickly. Smile

Has anyone recently done C207 Data Driven Decision Making? Any tips for quickly completing the paper using some of the free data sources provided in the class? What about the exam?
Mag48 Wrote:Passed the C201 Exam for Business Acumen about an hour ago! What a relief to have that one over with! I got a 75% on the exam.

Congrats Smile

I hope you have a great team too. Having a slow team is one of my main fears for grad school.

Congratulations Mag48! Good luck on scoring a solid team. Focus on coming to an agreement on the Problem Statement in the first meeting/week of the team and jump into your slides asap. Knockout Task 1 now - there is no team involvement and something that should not take you too long to write.

Jump into the Data-Driven course tips. They have an excellent powerpoint/flashcards for the exam and a walkthrough on the Performance Assignment. Don't overthink the project - focus on hitting the rubric requirements laid out in the course tips.

RANSOMSOUL Wrote:Congratulations Mag48! Good luck on scoring a solid team. Focus on coming to an agreement on the Problem Statement in the first meeting/week of the team and jump into your slides asap. Knockout Task 1 now - there is no team involvement and something that should not take you too long to write.

Jump into the Data-Driven course tips. They have an excellent powerpoint/flashcards for the exam and a walkthrough on the Performance Assignment. Don't overthink the project - focus on hitting the rubric requirements laid out in the course tips.

Thank you! I have task 1 done and passed so just waiting on my team members to reply back. I think we need to submit our task designation form and team charter this week. It's a little confusing though because the email I got says the team charter needs to be approved in week 1 and then the rubric says the team charter should be completed individually and uploaded with task two.

In between, I have started the papers for ethical leadership and hope to get through the three tasks in about two weeks. Data Driven Decision making is on deck soon so I will definitely take your tips!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,733 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st mohelena02 33 4,940 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,142 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,739 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,482 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,735 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 6,733 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,330 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,220 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,205 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100