Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU instead of Excelsior
Hello. 25 year Marine about to retire from active service. I had only heard of Excelsior from my coworkers so I applied there. Excelsior gave me 90 credits toward the BPS in Business and Management.

I see that most posts are related to TESU instead of Excelsior. Do you think I should look into that route or just stick it out with what I have already been given and complete the Excelsior degree?

Any insight is appreciated.

Steve
Try your hand at Excelsior and also TESU. See how many credits TESU will take.
If they give you over the 90 credit threshold, it may be worth it to go with TESU.
If not, then you can decide on Excelsior. One thing to note is, TESU has 18 UL credits requirements.
Excelsior or COSC will require 30 credits that are UL for the AOS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks. I only need the following at Excelsior.

Steve

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">IMG_3490.jpg (Size: 89.74 KB / Downloads: 16)
Srbinoki Wrote:Hello. 25 year Marine about to retire from active service. I had only heard of Excelsior from my coworkers so I applied there. Excelsior gave me 90 credits toward the BPS in Business and Management.

I see that most posts are related to TESU instead of Excelsior. Do you think I should look into that route or just stick it out with what I have already been given and complete the Excelsior degree?

Any insight is appreciated.

Steve
The $75 application fee is waived for military through June 30, 2017 at TESU. So you could just apply and find out which university offers you the better deal. I guess you would still have to send transcripts, but at least you would have something more concrete to compare to your evaluation from Excelsior. Congrats on your retirement!
Completed: 
TESU BA Social Sciences, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited)
WGU MBA in Healthcare Management (ACBSP Accredited)
In Progress: Creighton University PharmD

Srbinoki Wrote:Thanks. I only need the following at Excelsior.

Steve

The requirements for TESU are pretty much the same as Excelsior, except for the capstone.
From looking at the screenshot, you maybe able to complete all with Straighterline and Study.com
The only course you need to take at Excelsior or TESU, is in fact, their capstone, all else transfer it in.
Take your pick, Straighterline or Study.com, just make sure you don't go over 90 credits per provider.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I applied to TESU. Will see and report back here what they give me for transfer credits.

Steve
Srbinoki Wrote:I applied to TESU. Will see and report back here what they give me for transfer credits.

Steve

If you put the actual credits you have here (not the eval from EC, but the courses you've taken), then I can let you know (mostly) what your TESU eval will look like.

Include school and whether it's semester or quarter based
Course # name, number of credits, and grade if less than a C

Do that for each course.

I'm pretty good at figuring out the eval at TESU. Never been off by much.

Then, you can compare the 2, to see what will cost the least amount to finish, both in terms of time/number of courses, and cost.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Application Fee Waiver ECH90 2 2,622 09-18-2019, 11:01 PM
Last Post: ECH90
  AF Commission with TESU Degree TESUAF 15 4,349 08-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Military waiver for residency charge at tesu Zachcleigh 4 2,257 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ECH90
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,358 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU- Admission kruxalk20 15 3,371 02-13-2019, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Engineering Technology programs: Excelsior vs TESU MNomadic 13 9,512 02-21-2018, 06:36 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  65,000 military students have graduated with Excelsior College Life Long Learning 0 2,648 09-27-2017, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Best Options at TESU? Residency vs Waiver for Military Dependent. Silly_Me 18 5,316 06-13-2017, 01:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Waiving Application Fee for Military Iamtehking 0 1,619 04-21-2017, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Iamtehking
  Army MLT - ASAST or BSAST at TESU? MLTtoMLS 11 4,483 01-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Last Post: dfrecore