Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My WGU Progress Share
Thank you for your post about your experience with MSML. Thats crazy how fast you are moving its like 1 class a week! Can you share a bit about the work and your studying techniques? I'm thinking of applying to WGU for MSML this year and from looking at the curriculum it looks like Capstone, Data Driven, and Leading teams will be the most work.

How was the course experience with data driven? Ive been reading its super frustrating to get through. is it a lot of math?

Leading teams - what is the team work about? Is the task hard? I've been trying to find some peoples experience with this one but everyone just says u work in a team.

are you doing one course at a time?
Hows your student mentor? Do they force you to call every week?

Thanks!
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
(01-22-2018, 04:17 PM)BearEDU Wrote: Thank you for your post about your experience with MSML. Thats crazy how fast you are moving its like 1 class a week! Can you share a bit about the work and your studying techniques? I'm thinking of applying to WGU for MSML this year and from looking at the curriculum it looks like Capstone, Data Driven, and Leading teams will be the most work.

How was the course experience with data driven? Ive been reading its super frustrating to get through. is it a lot of math?

Leading teams - what is the team work about? Is the task hard? I've been trying to find some peoples experience with this one but everyone just says u work in a team.

are you doing one course at a time?
Hows your student mentor? Do they force you to call every week?

Thanks!

My experience has been similar to the other folks who did theirs in <1 term.
WGU MSML complete 3/2018
TESU 2016 BSBA graduate
(01-13-2018, 07:58 AM)ftsfour1 Wrote: After going back and forth about even doing a master’s program, I finally pulled the trigger on WGU MSML. I still have no clear vision on why I’m doing it, but I figure some doors may open with it at some point in my life.  I’ve settled into the notion of I just wanted a master’s degree.
Started the program Dec 1, and I’ve completed 8 courses to date. I have Leading Teams Task 2 (start Feb 5) to complete, the OA for Data Driven (task 2 is in taskstream), and then the capstone to finish it up. Assuming I can keep a similar pace, and the team project does take the full 5 weeks, I should be very close to a 3-3.5 month completion. Worst case, I drag it out to the full 6 month term.
Data driven has so much info that it will be the slow-down course for me. I’m trying to really read all the material and watch the videos to get the concepts. Reminds me of studying for the accounting CLEP.  It took me forever for the info to gel.
I want to thank Ransomsoul for his progress share thread (and the contributors in that thread) for all the great tips. I refer back to that thread regularly. The tip to not overthink the papers has helped tremendously. I just write what is requested and submit. That strategy helped so much for speed. Of the 13 papers I’ve submitted, three came back for minor revisions that I cleaned up quickly since the graders tell you exactly what you need to revise.
I’ll report back when I wrap it up. I’m looking forward to the pitcher of sangria at the end.
Were the courses easy to follow with getting that many completed?
Well, that’s a YMMV answer. It was easy for me. I finished my BSBA one year prior, and so sliding into this program made it easier. So much info was still very fresh from my undergrad work. They key, I think, is having some significant work experience under your belt as many of the papers you’ll write will require you to draw from those experiences.

“Easy” is so subjective. I write well and fast. I have a good memory, and I have tons of experience. So, content was easier, but the reading and writing was definitely work.
WGU MSML complete 3/2018
TESU 2016 BSBA graduate

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,140 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share RANSOMSOUL 187 81,271 08-05-2019, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Katherineklus
  NationsU Progress Thread eriehiker 6 2,494 01-03-2019, 02:38 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  WGU MBA IT Review/Progress + Application Fee Waiver gingerbeefE 4 2,124 03-17-2017, 07:09 PM
Last Post: cypster