Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anything I can work on now? while i wait to apply to WGU MSML
Hey

I'm still waiting a bit for my mentor to finish grading my finals paper and for TESU to finish going through my graduation application after that. I plan to attend WGU for a MSML. I sort of had gotten into a habit of writing an essay a week but now since class is done it feels weird and was wondering if there is something I can be doing to prepare for MSML? I know MSML capstone has a final paper about a task or problem in a business? So I spoken to a business that was having issues with crafting and executing strategies. all they have  is their mission or a goal but needs help crafting and executing strategies to hit those performance numbers. I was thinking this would be an amazing opportunity to take and try to help them out and see if i can use it in my capstone in the future. I was wondering if anyone that have completed their MSML capstone know sort of what are the reqiurements are? And if somethign like this fits in..

I feel fairly excited over this. The business only worries about it being kept private which i think i read we use a different company name? Does WGU need proof from the business as well?

if not curious what other things can i be working on to prepare myself for the WGU MSML. 

I know this is a sort of silly idea lol.

Thank you guys for your help in the past and advice that was given to me.
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
Hi. I am looking into this as well. BTW, what's wrong with the "mathy classes".
I think there's only one course that requires some bit of "quantitative analysis".
Other than that, I think most of the courses are like an undergrad "capstone" mashed into a course.

Can those who have completed these courses from the MBA or MSML give us a detailed review?
Writing...writing...writing... and you guessed it, more writing and presentations.
Any further insights and information would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Check out the thread on the MSML program - at this point, there are 3 graduates who have posted about their experience and a new student contributing who is very close to graduating. All within the thread completed the program in 1 term.

Good luck!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • BearEDU
(01-25-2018, 11:15 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Check out the thread on the MSML program - at this point, there are 3 graduates who have posted about their experience and a new student contributing who is very close to graduating. All within the thread completed the program in 1 term.

Good luck!

thanks! amazing thread going to move my questions over there instead.
It seems that a lot of people are intimidated by Data-Driven Decision Making. You could go through a Statistics course on coursera or another MOOC to prepare/refresh yourself while you wait to be able to start. That's what I'll probably do when my turn comes.
There really isn't too much to prepare oneself for these courses, your BSBA is preparation enough. I would take each course as it comes and work through it as if it was a "Bachelors Capstone". The effort and time you place into it will result in better grades. I wouldn't let one course hold me down, if I wanted more practice in that course, I would just review similar FREE courses online, for practice/preview!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-31-2018, 12:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: There really isn't too much to prepare oneself for these courses, your BSBA is preparation enough.  I would take each course as it comes and work through it as if it was a "Bachelors Capstone".   The effort and time you place into it will result in better grades.  I wouldn't let one course hold me down, if I wanted more practice in that course, I would just review similar FREE courses online, for practice/preview!

yea the BSBA really does prepare you to write like crazy. I actually wrote more than the minimum in that course. Now just hoping they process my graduation application faster =). Trying to get a raise at work with the degree lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Enrollment Link doesnt work anymore daguda 10 1,446 08-15-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: nadaone
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,734 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st mohelena02 33 4,940 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,740 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,482 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,735 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  CS degree or not? Data Analytics? For my work situation Ideas 28 2,706 01-28-2022, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Online Masters level modules for free if you live/work in Wales nyvrem 3 919 09-02-2021, 08:36 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Is a 3.81 GPA good to apply for graduate school? rohit50 12 2,689 08-27-2021, 04:30 AM
Last Post: ternerdaniel
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 6,734 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner