Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PhD IT, $383 PCH, Bachelors entry, thoughts!?
how could I miss that through...was looking at the tution on the page..I guess everyone waa looking at that..I hope youre wrong too...oh well

http://dsu.edu/graduate-students/dscis

is still an option..else

patten and aspen here I come..
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

For DSU I'm seeing $444/cr but there's usually some small fees per-course and per-term, of course. It's 88 SH, so that really adds up... about $40K.

http://dsu.edu/academics/online-educatio...nd-payment

(03-03-2018, 07:07 PM)Ideas Wrote: How did you get $383/cr? I'm wondering if you're looking at resident tuition or some other special tuition for assistantships, military, etc.

I am seeing more like $800/cr. ($725/cr plus so many per-hour fees). http://ualr.edu/bursar/home/tuitionandfe...itionfees/

I hope I'm wrong though!
It appears that the online programs have a separate tuition schedule: http://ualr.edu/online/what-it-costs/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sparklette's post:
  • Ideas
well thats still only $61 per credit more..and I'll just have to take 6 years to finish instead of 5 But Im getting a PhD one way or another.

Well patten MBA then DSU...

worst case I go to Aspen..I dont plan on going into academia so it wont hurt RA Bachelors and RA Masters could work with NA Doctorate..

I cant believe I was looking at the tuition on the page at little rock..hmmm...life...no matter its not going to stop me.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Sparklette solved it! UALR could work!

Personally, I want to go faster than many programs will allow. So if I like a slower program a lot, I may do a fast masters first. Also so I can possibly get some work experience sooner.

well the page he showed is the page I was looking at.. stop playing with my emotions Big Grin  ...yay option 1 opened again!

Please don't scare me like that again!

The fastest route would be Patten and then Aspen..
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

So...

Not to possibly re-crush your dream but, I did a bit more investigation and in the FAQ page it is stated :

How much does it cost?
Effective Fall 2016, students enrolled in online-only programs will be assessed a reduced tuition rate of $280* per credit hour for undergraduate courses and $383 per credit hour for graduate courses. The reduced tuition rates apply to residents of Arkansas and contiguous states only.
Discounts are also available for military students

As a Canadian myself, this changes things...
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
Wow, they are not very clear with their website.

I would probably not go for an NA doctorate if the RA doctorate is only 15-20% more cost. But I'm hoping to find something much cheaper, probably from another country.

Also why would it be contiguous? As far as I know, they don't have shipping fees to pay Tongue
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
Hmmm I'm looking at jobs at microchip, Compiler software engineer, application developer, web application developer, software QA engineer etc and I seem to know and have experience for the stuff they are asking for! I'm wondering if I'm better off knocking out the Aspen Masters in Information Systems, conc. Enterprise and Application Development!? Before starting at Little Rock?, I may be able to achieve my goal faster. I mean if I get hired for ANY position at Microchip, it would be easy to study EE and branch across as an FAE, they say they will hire regardless of national origin but will they sponsor?.

The only thing is Aspen's accreditation expires Jan 2019, don't want a repeat of what happened to me with CIE again. Still...I mean the Patten MBA in IT is a masters and its fast and RA but will it open as much doors for me as the Apsen program?, even if it's NA?. There is also AMU Masters RA IT conc. enterprise application development, and almost same cost as aspen, hmmm, no low monthly payments though. Tough choice.

And after I finish will those positions still be available at Microchip? Will AI render web and software develops obsolete in 2 years? will the UA Little Rock program remain that low a price for 2 years? sigh...so hard. I need a magical old sage for advice, don't want the lock to run out and I made the wrong choice.

@posabsolute Sad Cry Sick

You know what, I'll hold off until Jan 2019 to do a masters and wait to see if Aspen gets renewal or not. Since I don't see Microchip or TI, or any job I looked at on monster.com as a matter of fact requesting an RA degree.

Plan A. If they get renewal, then I'm doing their MIS, conc. Enterprise software Development. apply for jobs while doing their DSc computer science.

Plan B. They don't get renewal, I'm doing AMU masters in IT conc. Enterprise Software development, apply for jobs while doing Dakota State University DSc Information Systems.

Plan C. If AMU and Aspen have any problem, I do the Patten MBA then DSU DSc Information Systems.

I'm doing a doctorate and I'm doing a doctorate one way or another, if schools want to charge an arm and a leg for a doctorate then fine, theres always options. Worst case scenario I do a tech masters and no tech doctorate I can afford would accept me, or cant do a US school I'm doing the PhD in Organizational Leadership at the Pan African Christian University in Kenya (extremely, extremely cheap). If they give trouble there's always open university in the UK. I'm doing a doctorate if it means I have to apply to every country in the world. Cool
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engineering Masters with UMPI liberal studies bachelors tmikula 8 1,058 01-22-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Updated List of MOOC Bachelors/Masters degrees bjcheung77 3 2,043 09-26-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: mcjon77
  Anyone Done/Thoughts Online Masters In ITM or IT (Coursera) From IIT sam98 5 1,062 09-22-2023, 01:57 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  MBA without a degree? Possible to transfer credits from Masters towards Bachelors? FM1 13 1,842 05-09-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest RA CS/IT graduate program that accepts my UoPeople CS Bachelors? mastersDegreeDecision 7 1,585 03-14-2023, 11:37 AM
Last Post: kidneysmasher
  Thoughts and Opinions on PhD in Bible Exposition from Liberty University isaachunter 18 6,147 08-06-2022, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Accredited Online Masters (and Bachelors) Degrees Under $2000 Sdmj33 1 1,733 12-12-2020, 05:12 AM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Thoughts on Brandman University natshar 0 878 12-04-2020, 11:27 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Any thoughts on ESERP? JWells247 2 735 08-25-2020, 03:46 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  US State Licensed & Registered - UK Accredited - Thoughts? bjcheung77 8 2,393 08-10-2020, 10:30 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster