Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Study.com Psych Courses
(05-07-2018, 05:19 PM)Nodaclu Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 07:45 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would probably take a chance, once it comes up on the ACE website.  The people who actually do the evals at TESU are better versed on this, and will probably just do a quick eval and put it in your degree plan.

Just spotted it on the ACE website this morning. I think I'm going to take it, see how they evaluate it, and put off the TESU version until the last possible moment next month before the SDC discount goes away.

It's a win-win situation for me. I have one extra Study.com class I can take that's already paid for, so it will cost me nothing to try. Even if they refuse it, I'll probably be a step ahead of the game when it comes time to take the TESU version!  Big Grin

I'll report back either way with the results once I have them.
Thanks for letting us know.  ACE is only listing Physiological Psych and Ethics in the Social Sciences as LL credits, so I am interested to see how they'll transfer. I am in a similar position as you.  I am doing my capstone now and hoping that I can do my last two courses with Study.com.   Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes nashpond's post:
  • Nodaclu
(05-07-2018, 05:19 PM)Nodaclu Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 07:45 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would probably take a chance, once it comes up on the ACE website.  The people who actually do the evals at TESU are better versed on this, and will probably just do a quick eval and put it in your degree plan.

Just spotted it on the ACE website this morning. I think I'm going to take it, see how they evaluate it, and put off the TESU version until the last possible moment next month before the SDC discount goes away.

It's a win-win situation for me. I have one extra Study.com class I can take that's already paid for, so it will cost me nothing to try. Even if they refuse it, I'll probably be a step ahead of the game when it comes time to take the TESU version!  Big Grin

I'll report back either way with the results once I have them.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Fingers & toes crossed that they accept the Ethics course! It's the only course missing from the BA in Pysch Degree Plan I created for my friend Smile
BABA, New England College, 2019
So here's an interesting thing...

I completed the SDC Ethics in the Social Sciences course, took the practice exam, then searched everywhere for the proctored final exam, but couldn't find it.

After some digging, it seems that SDC has pulled the credit designation for this class, and removed the final exam. Not sure why. So at the moment, ACE lists it as a transferable course, but SDC doesn't.

Not sure what to do about that...
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
(05-14-2018, 11:19 PM)Nodaclu Wrote: So here's an interesting thing...

I completed the SDC Ethics in the Social Sciences course, took the practice exam, then searched everywhere for the proctored final exam, but couldn't find it.

After some digging, it seems that SDC has pulled the credit designation for this class, and removed the final exam. Not sure why. So at the moment, ACE lists it as a transferable course, but SDC doesn't.

I would just contact them directly about it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-14-2018, 11:19 PM)Nodaclu Wrote: So here's an interesting thing...

That’s really weird. I remember checking the ACE guide a few months to see if was approved and I don’t think I saw on the list. I know I’ve tried to contact SDC in the past about it before it appeared on ACE’s site but they were completely vague about any detail and just told me they don’t have time frame of when it’ll be approved. Maybe they’re reviewing and finalizing the recommendation and it’ll be completed soon hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BABA, New England College, 2019
(05-15-2018, 12:16 AM)harrypotter Wrote: That’s really weird. I remember checking the ACE guide a few months to see if was approved and I don’t think I saw on the list. I know I’ve tried to contact SDC in the past about it before it appeared on ACE’s site but they were completely vague about any detail and just told me they don’t have time frame of when it’ll be approved. Maybe they’re reviewing and finalizing the recommendation and it’ll be completed soon hopefully.

It only came on board ACE on 3/1/18, and we don't usually find out about it for several weeks after that.

One thing I was thinking about; if it was a 300-level course that was ACE-approved for LL credit, then it might be that they pulled the final because they revised it, it received ACE UL approval, and they're going to repost it as an UL course and don't want you to do the final without the option of doing a little more work and then getting UL credit for it.

BUT, since it was designed as a LL course, I have no clue what's going on.  I'm thinking it's a mistake of some kind, and they will fix it when you bring it to their attention.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'll try to reach out to them tomorrow, and will report back when/if I hear anything....
120/120 units complete

Just heard back - system glitch. Working on it right now, should be back online by the end of the week.
120/120 units complete

[-] The following 1 user Likes Nodaclu's post:
  • harrypotter
It looks like Ethics and Physio Psych are both up and running on Study.com and listed on ACE (both for LL credits). They both have a syllabus page now, which was suspiciously missing before.

This is very recent and TESU is not on board yet. I just got an email from advising saying that they would not accept the study.com courses. But the email I received was so badly worded, it was really confusing:

"You also have credits for Ethics in Social Science, according to my new spreadsheet neither one of these courses are no longer accepted. the Study.com course is not accepted."

I would have rather talked to someone on the phone, but they said my questions could only be answered by email. : P
I've really been an outlier with TESU when it comes to communication - my results have been almost universally positive. But even with that, I'm taking a long look at whether or not it's realistic to finish at COSC instead (especially since the Registrar reached out to me, and asked me to send my transcripts over to see how close I might be).

If they take my courses the way I hope, it would mean one additional Psych course to complete, but I would also save roughly $2,500 over the cost of finishing at TESU, due to the Residency Waiver, and having to still take two classes there. (I've already done the COSC Cornerstone a few years back.)
120/120 units complete

[-] The following 1 user Likes Nodaclu's post:
  • jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 377 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,313 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,477 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,660 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,794 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,394 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat