Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
institutes and sophia transcript
Hi

1. I need to send transcripts for the ethics and developing effective teams courses. 
the institutes shows it charges $20 for 1 copy of the course..just to clarify is that correct(maybe im so use to just sending them via straighterline, im surprised at the cost for a 1 credit course) ?

2. how do i send a transcript from sophia to TESU?
(04-17-2018, 05:53 PM)shendaddy Wrote: Hi

1. I need to send transcripts for the ethics and developing effective teams courses. 
the institutes shows it charges $20 for 1 copy of the course..just to clarify is that correct(maybe im so use to just sending them via straighterline, im surprised at the cost for a 1 credit course) ?

2. how do i send a transcript from sophia to TESU?

Normally you would add the courses to your ACE transcript and then send the ACE transcript (along with anything else you have on there) to your school for evaluation purposes. This would apply for any non-college courses taken, including The Institutes and Sophia.

TESU requires direct transcripts from colleges and recently started requiring them from Study.com (and maybe Straighterline) as well, but as far as I know, they don't require transcripts from any other providers. However, if you need a transcript from Sophia, you'll probably need to reach out to them directly. I think they transcript everything via ACE by default.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • TheMaskedMutant
Merlin,
i noticed you took the same courses. how did you send them(unless you haven't requested them yet) ?
it doesn't give me an option to send them via ace(the ethics one)..and i emailed sophia..
(04-17-2018, 06:07 PM)shendaddy Wrote: Merlin,
i noticed you took the same courses. how did you send them(unless you haven't requested them yet) ?
it doesn't give me an option to send them via ace(the ethics one)..and i emailed sophia..

I transcripted them via ACE and then sent the ACE transcripts to TESU.

To do that you need to "pull" them via ACE. Assuming you already have an ACE account, you log into ACE and do a search for the courses and request to add them to your transcript. This sends a message to the provider to confirm you took the course, the date it was completed, and that you received a passing score. Once validated it goes on your permanent ACE transcript. You can send the ACE transcript to any school via the web form. It costs a little money (like $15 or $20) so I don't suggest doing it very often, but it works.

Btw, all the ACE recommended courses you take can be placed on the transcript, and when you send it to a college they all get sent. So its a nice way to keep a permanent record.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • TheMaskedMutant
that makes sense..thank you my friend
Sophia does send free transcripts out to colleges, but TESU does not accept them directly from Sophia. The courses must go on your ACE account and then to TESU.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
(04-17-2018, 06:12 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 06:07 PM)shendaddy Wrote: Merlin,

I transcripted them via ACE and then sent the ACE transcripts to TESU.

To do that you need to "pull" them via ACE. Assuming you already have an ACE account, you log into ACE and do a search for the courses and request to add them to your transcript. This sends a message to the provider to confirm you took the course, the date it was completed, and that you received a passing score. Once validated it goes on your permanent ACE transcript. You can send the ACE transcript to any school via the web form. It costs a little money (like $15 or $20) so I don't suggest doing it very often, but it works.

Btw, all the ACE recommended courses you take can be placed on the transcript, and when you send it to a college they all get sent. So its a nice way to keep a permanent record.

I know this is very old, but this post helped get me in the right direction for getting the Sophia courses ready for submission.  Thanks for the information.  I thought the ACE account process would be painful or costly, but it went smoother and free(er) than I thought it would.

For anyone else who happens to comes across this post later down the road, the current ACE account creation link is: https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main

It could change in the future though.
BSNS - Excelsior College - 2019

AASIO - Cochise College - 2012

[-] The following 1 user Likes TheMaskedMutant's post:
  • eriehiker
Thank you for your post, Mutant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 292 6 hours ago
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 762 Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,145 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,247 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 300 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 635 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 895 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 212 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 875 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 335 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle