Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giving up on TEEX for now
There is no possible way I can complete those before the end of the month, they are too long each time I go into them. It's annoying that there's no way to see how long each module is so there's no way for me to plan my time but so far they have been excessively long to get through and I'm behind on, well, everything. Hopefully they get extended or renewed for ACE.
If you give up, there's 100% chance you won't get them done. Keep your head up and stick with it. Cool
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
[-] The following 3 users Like MSK9's post:
  • fork, High_Order1, Life Long Learning
I thought they were also way too long, so I quit doing them as well. Moved on to things I could complete faster.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Life Long Learning, sarg123
Cyber 201 was definitely longer and a lot more technical than 101. Gonna start 301 tomorrow.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Life Long Learning
I have IT experience, and I felt Cyber 201 was harder than 301.

There is a way.
Some of you might get pissed about this, but I think most of us wouldn't mind saving cash and getting credits (somewhat) quickly.
If learning the IT-related content means little to you and/or your future, the answers to the post-tests are (usually) on Course Hero. Just copy the question and search on Google (you might have to put "coursehero" as a keyword to find some things). There are very few questions (maybe ~15 in CS 201 and 301) you can't find without (I believe) being subscribed to Course Hero. There are CS 301 questions that you can answer with logic alone.
To save time, you can skip the pre-tests by clicking "Finish attempt..." and submitting your answers (takes about 5 secs to skip). 
CS 101 was fun, but then CS 201's technical content bored me to tears so I blasted through them, and I finished 201 and 301 this week.
I think it shouldn't take more than 30mins per module if you do it this way.
In any case, I hope some of you might reconsider and grab them while you can. Big Grin
(05-17-2018, 10:13 PM)MSK9 Wrote: If you give up, there's 100% chance you won't get them done. Keep your head up and stick with it. Cool

I get what you're saying but I'm looking at the bigger picture for myself. I'm getting behind on other things in my life and I know for certain that the study.com scholarship will end July 4. It's a better bet to finish the study.com things I want to finish because there's no chance at all that that will be extended while there is a chance the TEEX credits will be.

(05-18-2018, 04:29 AM)MooSaysCow Wrote: There is a way.
Some of you might get pissed about this, but I think most of us wouldn't mind saving cash and getting credits (somewhat) quickly.
If learning the IT-related content means little to you and/or your future, the answers to the post-tests are (usually) on Course Hero. Just copy the question and search on Google (you might have to put "coursehero" as a keyword to find some things). There are very few questions (maybe ~15 in CS 201 and 301) you can't find without (I believe) being subscribed to Course Hero. There are CS 301 questions that you can answer with logic alone.
To save time, you can skip the pre-tests by clicking "Finish attempt..." and submitting your answers (takes about 5 secs to skip). 
CS 101 was fun, but then CS 201's technical content bored me to tears so I blasted through them with this method.
I think it shouldn't take more than 30mins per module if you do it this way.
In any case, I hope some of you might reconsider and grab them while you can. Big Grin

I agree some of the content is annoying. It's not really helpful to have page after page of how to configure windows 2k if you don't have a machine running windows 2k. I've noticed, too, that some of it will be word for word in the lesson and the test and then it's marked wrong when you choose the correct answer. Some of their "correct" answers don't even make sense. I sent them a note about that. I do find the content interesting and would like to go through it. I suppose it can be done later, but on the other hand I think that method would be more like cheating which I don't like, just speaking for myself.
I gave a good effort to the first 2 classes in Cyber101, but started to run out of steam by the end. My revised approach was to click through the pretest (I clicked "A" on each one) and then I saved my test as a word document for later.

Then, silly as this sounds, those games are almost always going to have questions on the exam- but instead of doing the playful version, it's faster and more direct to click on the "text version" when that option appears. That will give you a simple M/C exam. The last class in 101 that I took had shorte quizzes- can't remember which one that was, but yeah!

When I finally finished (probably 5 hours total) I looked at Cyber201 and Cyber301 and decided 301 was better with fewer classes (3 instead of 4) however, those were the LONGEST MODULES EVER. By the end of module one of the first class, I was ready to stab myself in the eye.

My only regret is that in 2014, I did have my 8th grader do the entire series. He struggled through, even having to have the course reset when he exceeded the limit of attempts on a few quizzes. It took him 3 months of an hour each school day. He complained a lot, but I wasn't having it - free credit and all. Yeah. That was pretty awful.

EDIT TO ADD: if ever, in my life, I have any responsibility for any kind of online training: never, never, never, will I create a slide that requires clicking inside - that then requires clicking inside- and then again- to open these sub-pages and topics inside of pages. That was unbearable.
(05-18-2018, 04:39 AM)fork Wrote: I get what you're saying but I'm looking at the bigger picture for myself. I'm getting behind on other things in my life and I know for certain that the study.com scholarship will end July 4. It's a better bet to finish the study.com things I want to finish because there's no chance at all that that will be extended while there is a chance the TEEX credits will be.

That's a little different and wasn't in your first post. Tongue I wouldn't blame you for wanting to get Study.com finished up first. I only completed four of the six possible courses I could have had because I was doing courses at Shmoop at the same time. Definitely maximize that Guardian scholarship.
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
You should always think about maximizing your time as well as your money. If your time could be better spent doing a different course that matters more to you...

I just think sometimes free isn't always worth it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • MSK9, sarg123, Zippadeedoodah

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KFC giving 100% tution coverage for employees elcastor21 1 342 09-05-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Anyone else having issues accessing TEEX lessons? delightfulwilderness 2 570 10-26-2021, 09:54 AM
Last Post: delightfulwilderness
  HELP! with TEEX to TESU please Lydclrk 9 1,862 02-01-2021, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Seagull
  TEEX - Did I do it wrong? rachel83az 6 1,107 10-29-2020, 03:41 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TEEX - Cyber Security for IT Professionals ?? nomaduser 5 1,177 08-18-2020, 07:00 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Questions about TEEX’s Death Investigation course Michelle779 3 1,664 06-23-2020, 10:49 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  TEEX Upper Levels? Clepper43 2 1,083 04-30-2020, 01:41 PM
  TEEX Cyber courses are back with more credits rvm 152 27,648 03-04-2020, 04:05 AM
Last Post: cwendy111
  Cyber security TEEX question EI2HCB 4 1,517 01-14-2020, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Raftingdon2
  TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses MNomadic 67 15,467 09-09-2019, 03:15 PM