Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luka1110 - TESU BALS Plan (No Shmoop Please!)
Quote:Hi bjcheung, hope you are doing well. Sorry to disturb you but I'm struggling a bit to find a plan related to TESU BA LS. I have started few months ago to gain credits via Shmoop but unfortunately TESU is not longer accepting credits gained at SHMOOP. I'm open to use SL, Study.com, Saylor, CLEP, etc. however, as a beginner (and have been put down with bad news about Shmoop) I'm a bit lost and really cannot find a degree plan. Are you able to send me some advices?

thanks a lot for your help,
ciao 

I recommend StraighterLine over Study.com if you want to have it done fast and don't need to learn that material.  Study.com you will need to go through so many lesson quizzes and then a final OR an assignment/project and final.

As I mentioned in my guide, StraighterLine for cheap/easy/fast and learn a little, Study.com if you want High School easy and learn a little... I highly recommend you do the courses from StraighterLine for LL and Study.com for UL.

Note #1: I have mainly Lower Level with StraighterLine towards my degrees, I only have done Upper-Level requirements with Study.com (8 courses/24 credits) because StraighterLine doesn't offer upper-level credits anymore.  I hate waiting for Study.com to "update" scores, StraighterLine is immediate as the proctor is real time, not recorded like Study.com

Note #2: If money is an issue, use CLEP and Modern States or Saylor in place of StraighterLine.  Your upper-level courses should always be done with Study.com as they offer the most courses for cheap.  The list I provided is an example, follow the template I have in the Beginners Guide.

Note #3: Create a spreadsheet by grabbing mine, updating it with your details and adding/pasting it into this thread as an attachment. Get the 2018 TESU BALS (English Minor), just get rid of all Shmoop courses and enter what you have completed.  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9766o66mkeh1w...xnGPa?dl=0

Last but not least, you might consider going for COSC, Excelsior, or WGU depending on what you want to do with your degree and field you want to specialize later in life.  What is your end goal? We can discuss that once we get more details from you.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ISKBizz15
Really really thanks for your reply bjcheung! your email is extremely helpful and now it's much clear what sources/websites I can use, especially after you wrote about LL and UL credits. I will download the spreadsheet and amend it with what I have and remove Shmoop. Too bad TESU is not longer accepting Shmoop...I was kind of used to their interface and the way the courses were presented. I must say, I found their exams sometimes a bit tricky thought.

My goal is to get a BA in any field (thought Liberal Studies is the way I'm really thinking to go) without spending 4 years of my life studying. Mainly, for me, getting a BA it's due to VISA requirements, so any field will do to be honest. I'm planning to work abroad and a BA is required.

Again, thanks a lot for your amazing help!

All the best,
Luca
(06-27-2018, 08:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Quote:Hi bjcheung, hope you are doing well. Sorry to disturb you but I'm struggling a bit to find a plan related to TESU BA LS. I have started few months ago to gain credits via Shmoop but unfortunately TESU is not longer accepting credits gained at SHMOOP. I'm open to use SL, Study.com, Saylor, CLEP, etc. however, as a beginner (and have been put down with bad news about Shmoop) I'm a bit lost and really cannot find a degree plan. Are you able to send me some advices?

thanks a lot for your help,
ciao 

I recommend StraighterLine over Study.com if you want to have it done fast and don't need to learn that material.  Study.com you will need to go through so many lesson quizzes and then a final OR an assignment/project and final.

As I mentioned in my guide, StraighterLine for cheap/easy/fast and learn a little, Study.com if you want High School easy and learn a little... I highly recommend you do the courses from StraighterLine for LL and Study.com for UL.

Note #1: I have mainly Lower Level with StraighterLine towards my degrees, I only have done Upper-Level requirements with Study.com (8 courses/24 credits) because StraighterLine doesn't offer upper-level credits anymore.  I hate waiting for Study.com to "update" scores, StraighterLine is immediate as the proctor is real time, not recorded like Study.com

Note #2: If money is an issue, use CLEP and Modern States or Saylor in place of StraighterLine.  Your upper-level courses should always be done with Study.com as they offer the most courses for cheap.  The list I provided is an example, follow the template I have in the Beginners Guide.

Note #3: Create a spreadsheet by grabbing mine, updating it with your details and adding/pasting it into this thread as an attachment. Get the 2018 TESU BALS (English Minor), just get rid of all Shmoop courses and enter what you have completed.  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9766o66mkeh1w...xnGPa?dl=0

Last but not least, you might consider going for COSC, Excelsior, or WGU depending on what you want to do with your degree and field you want to specialize later in life.  What is your end goal? We can discuss that once we get more details from you.

Where can one find the "review" on the BA in 1200 hours that is listed in the notes of your signature.  It references a sticky on the Beginners guide, but I am not able to locate that.  Could you assist?

Also, the link to the degree plan spreadsheet template just brings up an error message on the page that states "this file is no longer available".  Would it be kept anywhere else for those of us that would like to utilize it?.... if you are still willing to share.  Wink

TIA
Completed:
The Institues-Insurance Ethics (2cr)                          
Sophia.orgDeveloping Effective Teams (1cr), The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
CSMLearn- CSMLearn Course (3cr)
TEEX- Cybersecurity 101, 201, 301 (11cr)
Hello, I have updated my signature to reflect some changes... The spreadsheet is a somewhat concise and simple version of what a degree will require. It's got all the recommended courses for a basic BALS and BSBA degree, the Associates that don't require a capstone, and 4 of the available Certificates. Heck, it even has an example BS LDAS template and steps to obtain approval.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Idreamofadegree
The degree plans I created were removed from Dropbox because they were outdated, and I asked bjcheung77 to remove them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Idreamofadegree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,927 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,618 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,024 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,284 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,323 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,819 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore