Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA - Purdue University Global ExcelTrack
First of all, I want to take a moment to say thank you to everyone’s contributions in this forum. I have silently been stalking almost every post for probably a decade. I was able to get my BSBA from TESU, my wife got her BA from TESU and my teenage kids will soon start the college journey in a similar path. My degree has helped me earn a high level (high-earnings) marketing job in Silicon Valley (not saying this to be arrogant but to be appreciative.)

I noticed the Purdue Global MBA doesn’t have much traction on this forum but I will have earned my MBA in less than 6 months (from PUG - not sure if that acronym will stickSmile) so if accelerated self paced learning is the goal this program may fit. The point of this post is to hopefully help someone else the same way all of you have helped me. With that said, fire away any questions you may have...
[-] The following 6 users Like jeremyc3434's post:
  • cookderosa, GoodYellowDogs, High_Order1, Life_One, neutrino, ss20ts
How much time did you spend on a weekly basis passing courses?

How much was the tuition?
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 2 users Like videogamesrock's post:
  • dfrecore, kietro
Their website it hard to figure out. I'm assuming you did the ExcelTrack? Tell us about the cost, and how it worked. Was it similar to WGU?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(07-16-2018, 11:07 PM)tdfrecore Wrote: Their website it hard to figure out.  I'm assuming you did the ExcelTrack?  Tell us about the cost, and how it worked.  Was it similar to WGU?

The cost per term for each program is listed here:  https://www.purdueglobal.edu/student-exp...-learning/   Each term is only 10 weeks long. It appears to be a similar format as WGU. As far as an MBA, the cost is roughly the same. It looks like a great alternative to WGU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes alexf.1990's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
The cost is $1,700 per 6-week term.  There are some other misc costs and fees but nothing substantial.

4 terms = $6,800
5 terms = $8,500
6 terms = $10,200

To be honest, I probably spent a minimum of 20 - 30 hours per week to complete the courses.  There are 52 1-credit courses.  Most have a 5-page paper that is not incredibly difficult but it has to be written exactly to the rubric or you will not pass.

There are some finance modules that are time-consuming but very doable...best of all, NO PROCTOR EXAMS!

Overall, it is very writing intensive but once you figure out how they grade you can write a paper in a day.  I actually completed 25 credits in 6 weeks last semester after I figured this out.

It is also worth mentioning that there are 2 "regular courses" (this represents the other 8 credits for a total of 60 credits) - the first course and the last course so you have to plan these semesters accordingly as it does get difficult to balance.

I would not say it is like WGU because there are no proctor exams and the prep work for the assessment is minimal (if you have a business undergrad degree.)

Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions...
[-] The following 5 users Like jeremyc3434's post:
  • High_Order1, Ideas, Muldoon, sofinel, ss20ts
(07-16-2018, 11:40 PM)jeremyc3434 Wrote: To be honest, I probably spent a minimum of 20 - 30 hours per week to complete the courses.  There are 52 1-credit courses.  Most have a 5-page paper that is not incredibly difficult but it has to be written exactly to the rubric or you will not pass.

There are some finance modules that are time-consuming but very doable...best of all, NO PROCTOR EXAMS!

Overall, it is very writing intensive but once you figure out how they grade you can write a paper in a day.  I actually completed 25 credits in 6 weeks last semester after I figured this out.

It is also worth mentioning that there are 2 "regular courses" (this represents the other 8 credits for a total of 60 credits) - the first course and the last course so you have to plan these semesters accordingly as it does get difficult to balance.

I would not say it is like WGU because there are no proctor exams and the prep work for the assessment is minimal (if you have a business undergrad degree.)

So, you basically have to write 52 5-page papers and take two courses? How long do the courses take? How long did it take you to complete the entire program? Sounds like it might be easy for a good writer with an undergrad in business...

Thank you so much for your feedback and answering questions!
(07-17-2018, 12:36 AM)amilitab4k9 Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 11:40 PM)jeremyc3434 Wrote: To be honest, I probably spent a minimum of 20 - 30 hours per week to complete the courses.  There are 52 1-credit courses.  Most have a 5-page paper that is not incredibly difficult but it has to be written exactly to the rubric or you will not pass.

So, you basically have to write 52 5-page papers and take two courses? How long do the courses take? How long did it take you to complete the entire program? Sounds like it might be easy for a good writer with an undergrad in business...

Thank you so much for your feedback and answering questions!

It is more like 60 5-page papers (and a few powerpoint presentations) when you account for the 2 standard courses.  You also have the finance projects that take a couple weeks of working on it all day.

I completed it in 4 terms and feel like I am writing 1 paper per day.  It is honestly a crazy workload with a full-time job but I travel a lot and can commit a lot of plane and hotel time to these papers.

I should also mention that there really is no shortcut to any of the assignments but if you can carve out 6 months of all free time it is not that bad.  If you don't feel comfortable writing master's level APA essay's you will hate this program and get frustrated quickly.  (For the record, I am not a fan of writing but I am comfortable doing the work.)
[-] The following 2 users Like jeremyc3434's post:
  • Ideas, Muldoon
So, perhaps twice as expensive as WGU, and lots of writing, but no real thesis level paper. Sounds like a solid option.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, warriortaupou
Really? Haha, 5 pages aren't much at all. I was thinking it would be harder than that...

I recall being able to do all 5-6 of my Intro to Sociology "writings" in one day and got a perfect score for each one.
There were other writings as well that was at least a bit more challenging at the undergrad level, like a capstone level course.

Hmm... I looked at them when they were still Kaplan last year. I remember someone from the board completed the BSPS from Kaplan and that got me a little interested as they also completed the MBA Excel track.

"The cost is $1,700 per 6-week term." Hey, If one has to complete 2 courses, one each term, and they're a speed demon, they can probably finish it in two terms. That's 12 weeks or 3 months. Dang, that's fast for an ACBSP accredited Masters - MBA to be exact. 3 months is exactly 90 days for 60 credits, that would mean, 1 credit/course and a completion time of 1/1.5 days... that's doable (maybe for me if I get it free with tuition reimbursement)!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Ideas
It's not a matter of not getting traction or love- the reincarnation it too new. Purdue purchased Kaplan last year, but I haven't heard from anyone who enrolled under the new name. From this, it looks like it's REALLY taking off. https://news.elearninginside.com/purdue-...quisition/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 244 Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,072 03-27-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 277 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 495 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,454 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 548 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,849 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,977 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,363 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,317 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000