Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA - Purdue University Global ExcelTrack
(11-04-2019, 11:29 AM)cortesd79@yahoo.com Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 04:29 PM)eradreede Wrote: Can you do more than one module/class at a time? I heard 4 modules per course. Can you do both module one of two separate courses? Or it is just module for module at your own pace?

Each course is 4 modules.  You can only do one module within each course at a time.  However, it *could* be possible to simultaneously work on two modules with each module being from a different course.  The only caveat there would be that the the first course you're working on could not be a pre-requisite for the second course.  

With that said, it's definitely at your own pace and if you want to register for 5-6 modules per term, that's allowable.  You can also add more modules within the term if you've already finished the modules you had previously registered for.

6 week terms so 6 modules is just 1 module per week. Can I u do 10-15 modules per week with suggestions??
(11-04-2019, 11:29 AM)cortesd79@yahoo.com Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 04:29 PM)eradreede Wrote: Can you do more than one module/class at a time? I heard 4 modules per course. Can you do both module one of two separate courses? Or it is just module for module at your own pace?

Each course is 4 modules.  You can only do one module within each course at a time.  However, it *could* be possible to simultaneously work on two modules with each module being from a different course.  The only caveat there would be that the the first course you're working on could not be a pre-requisite for the second course.  

With that said, it's definitely at your own pace and if you want to register for 5-6 modules per term, that's allowable.  You can also add more modules within the term if you've already finished the modules you had previously registered for.

6 week terms so 6 modules is just 1 module per week. Can I u do 10-15 modules per week with suggestions??
Hi everyone, 

I used the attached to budget my time as well as track current progress. Column E is the budget term and F is actual term completed. I was able to complete the program in 5 terms. The schedule details each class and what it took to complete the unit. I did not include hours. Figure 5-10 hours a unit on average. Here are some highlights:

Averaged 12 units per six week term. 
50,000+ words across 265 pages (title and reference included)
72 power point slides (with speaker notes and voice recording)
15 problem sets (accounting, finance and statistics)

Keys to success

1. Accounting courses - Pay particular attention to the required sub categories that are required to complete the unit. For instance, the grading rubric will say that you need only complete 4 sub competency assignments to complete the unit. However, there are 8 in the simulation. I wasted time completing the other four when I could have moved on. This is especially frustrating when the simulation will not allow you to move on until the section is complete. 
2. I made sure that I had four courses open at all times. This ensured that I could be working on a class (unit) while others were being graded. There was very little down time for grading. 
3. In relation to 2 above, the flow of submitting assignments for grading is crucial. When an assignment is submitted, professors have 24 hours to grade. It takes another 24 hours for the grade to be posted to your account and then the next class in succession is available to open. Therefore there is 48 hours where, if you only had one class open, you would lose due to downtime.  

Hope this helps.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Classes and Schdule.xlsx (Size: 14.98 KB / Downloads: 89)
[-] The following 6 users Like mdl's post:
  • alab21, esco, Life_One, neutrino, stephy, suzycupcake
(12-08-2019, 10:35 PM)mdl Wrote: Hi everyone, 

I used the attached to budget my time as well as track current progress. Column E is the budget term and F is actual term completed. I was able to complete the program in 5 terms. The schedule details each class and what it took to complete the unit. I did not include hours. Figure 5-10 hours a unit on average. Here are some highlights:

Keys to success

1. Accounting courses - Pay particular attention to the required sub categories that are required to complete the unit. For instance, the grading rubric will say that you need only complete 4 sub competency assignments to complete the unit. However, there are 8 in the simulation. I wasted time completing the other four when I could have moved on. This is especially frustrating when the simulation will not allow you to move on until the section is complete. 
2. I made sure that I had four courses open at all times. This ensured that I could be working on a class (unit) while others were being graded. There was very little down time for grading. 
3. In relation to 2 above, the flow of submitting assignments for grading is crucial. When an assignment is submitted, professors have 24 hours to grade. It takes another 24 hours for the grade to be posted to your account and then the next class in succession is available to open. Therefore there is 48 hours where, if you only had one class open, you would lose due to downtime.  

Hope this helps.

Great work! Thank you for sharing!
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
Has anyone graduated by now and willing to post their degree (blocking out any personal information)? Would love to see it.
Excelsior - Bachelors Of Science in General Business - Complete 2016
CMA - Complete 2019
MBA In Finance - Louisiana State University Shreveport - Complete 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes islandcoli's post:
  • Life_One
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/02/28/a-...aw-school/ Degree is in the Picture slideshow, Picture 2. Says "Purdue University Global"

Also some of these reviews say these credits earned here are not transferrable to other universities (citing similar troubles like ITT Tech)
TESU - BA CS
(01-05-2020, 08:48 AM)inf Wrote: Also some of these reviews say these credits earned here are not transferrable to other universities (citing similar troubles like ITT Tech)

Oof. This would obviously be a huge red mark for those who want to continue to a Doctorate after. Where are these reviews?
Excelsior - Bachelors Of Science in General Business - Complete 2016
CMA - Complete 2019
MBA In Finance - Louisiana State University Shreveport - Complete 2020
(01-07-2020, 10:54 PM)islandcoli Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 08:48 AM)inf Wrote: Also some of these reviews say these credits earned here are not transferrable to other universities (citing similar troubles like ITT Tech)

Oof. This would obviously be a huge red mark for those who want to continue to a Doctorate after. Where are these reviews?

I'd also be interested to see these reviews.  

I had previously explored the idea of pursuing a graduate certificate in Business Analytics from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.  In checking their course equivalency for transfer credit, they have quite a few courses from Purdue Global that have been evaluated for credit.  Granted, these courses are at the undergraduate level, but there is at least some documented information readily available that pertains to transferring credits from Purdue Global.

https://admissions.unl.edu/nebraska/equi...-campuses/

As far as the graduate level, Purdue West Lafayette does, in fact, have an articulation agreement with Purdue Global to transfer credits from Purdue Global to Purdue while in the pursuit of a Masters degree.  This only applies to one specific program, but I suspect most programs would have the transfer credits evaluated on a case by case basis.  

https://www.purdue.edu/gradschool/prospe...eement.pdf

Obviously, this is not a comprehensive list of schools, but if the main campuses of Nebraska and Purdue are accepting Purdue Global courses as transfer credits at both the undergraduate and graduate level, it would not surprise me to see a large number of other schools, with varying degrees of reputation, doing the same.
(12-08-2019, 10:35 PM)mdl Wrote: Hi everyone, 

Keys to success

Hope this helps.

This was awesome.  Thank you for posting it.  I'm am in the Bachelors program right now and I will be adopting your budget template.  I'm just winging it ATM but this looks like this will help keep me more organized.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 221 Today, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,054 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 268 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 491 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,453 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,842 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,970 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,362 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,310 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000