Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please???
My daughter is nearing the finish line for a General Business degree at COSC.  Because of the age requirement, she cannot apply until her Oct. birthday, so it would be very helpful if someone more knowledgeable than we can check that we are on the right track as we plug up the final few holes in the plan?  

We are not thrilled about the DSST on Cybersecurity that's on there now.  We know that there are UL study.com options, but those papers... ugh!  With a little encouragement, we might be willing to try an UExcel exam?  The Davar course is also negotiable.  Is this a good choice? 

Thanks to anyone willing to look this over and make suggestions.  She is currently studying for the DSST Money & Banking and finishing up the ed4credit biology lab. (Whoa!  The hoops she's had to jump through for one little lab credit!)

Attached Files
.pdf   O's COSC Degree Plan - BSBA Gen Business.pdf (Size: 88.32 KB / Downloads: 34)
[-] The following 1 user Likes stampbuyme's post:
  • cookderosa
I think you were using what you'd heard about TESU for the Business Ethics, Org Behavior and HRM DSST exams, because those aren't UL.  Business Ethics was UL until 5/31/17, but OB and HRM have always been considered LL by ACE.  TESU was just generous in giving them UL credit.

I would suggest you use Davar, Study.com, or UExcel to get those UL credits.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...m-list.pdf

The above is a list of exams that COSC accepts as upper level (if it says "u"). 

There are plenty of upper level  DSST exams, including Business Ethics,HRM,Organizational Behavior,Civil War,Russia,Vietnam,Substance Abuse,etc.

Is the list up to date? I think so.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nosey561's post:
  • stampbuyme
(07-25-2018, 10:23 PM)nosey561 Wrote: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...m-list.pdf

The above is a list of exams that COSC accepts as upper level (if it says "u"). 

There are plenty of upper level  DSST exams, including Business Ethics,HRM,Organizational Behavior,Civil War,Russia,Vietnam,Substance Abuse,etc.

Is the list up to date? I think so.

This is the list we have been using.  It downloads right off Charter Oak's site, so I think we're good???  Thanks!
I didn't realize COSC strayed from ACE, I'd always heard that they stuck very close to ACE. Sorry for my misinformation then.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • stampbuyme
I completed the General Business degree at COSC. The courses that you have listed should fill in the gaps that you have left. One small note that doesn't affect your plan -- the Business Ethics course that you used for general education requirements will also count as a general business elective in place of the Cybersecurity exam. This doesn't really change anything for you because you still need that extra upper level exam. It looks like you are in the home stretch. Great job!
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes topdog98's post:
  • stampbuyme

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,751 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,013 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,671 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,637 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,276 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 2,967 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 4,938 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro