Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need one more BALS Upper Level
Before tackling the Capstone I need 1 more Upper Level course for my TESU BALS. I have a lot of choices, but I'm not sure which I want to take. Realizing this might be the last alternative credit class I ever take (at least for a while), I feel like crowd sourcing the decision a little bit. Any advice (from experienced gurus, brand new newbs, or anyone else) for which class I should take? Maybe something quick and 'easy' (such a relative term!), or something super cheap, or something totally off the wall?  All advice is welcome. especially if it's a course you've taken.  

Here are the UL classes I currently have:

BALS AOS UL classes
LIT-430 Literature and the Media
ENG-306 Inter. Tech. Wrtg. & Prof. Wt.
LIT-320 Shakespeare I
HIS-351 A History of Vietnam War

Other Upper level courses I have, but not in AOS
CIS-360 E-Commerce (TESU said 'no' to AOS - maybe I should ask again?)
PHI-384 Ethics & Business Professional (only 2 credits - had it moved to gen ed)
MAN-301 Principles of Management (didn't ask, but assume TESU wouldn't move this one since it's business)

Thanks!
TESU: BALS Capstone
SNHU CfA: Intro to Ethics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Argumentation & Communication, Intro to Mass Communications, Intro to Philosophy, World Lit I, Environmental Science, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Online Success, Skills for Business 
CLEP: Eng Comp 
Sophia.org: Effective Teams, Managing Conflict, Ancient Greek Philosophers
Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Info Literacy, Intro to Computing, Earth Science, A History of Vietnam War, Intro to Political Science, American Government, Database Management, Info Systems, Physical Geology
CSM Learn: The CSM Course
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 
Shmoop: History of Technology, Human Sexuality, U.S. History I & II, Classical Lit, The Bible as Lit, Psychology 101, Shakespeare's Plays, Professional Writing, Media Literacy, Journalism 101, Lit in the Media, Intro to E-Commerce
The Institutes: Ethics
TECEP: Computer Concepts and Applications
ALEKS: College Algebra
My recommendations are:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2348]

Attached Files
.png   2.png (Size: 75.16 KB / Downloads: 333)
(07-27-2018, 11:18 AM)jjsafari Wrote: My recommendations are:

Thanks!  Where did you take the money and banking & the business ethics 302?  I really enjoy taking ethics courses.
SNHU CfA: Intro to Ethics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Argumentation & Communication, Intro to Mass Communications, Intro to Philosophy, World Lit I, Environmental Science, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Online Success, Skills for Business 
Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Info Literacy, Intro to Computing, Earth Science, A History of Vietnam War, Intro to Political Science, American Government, Database Management, Info Systems, Physical Geology
Shmoop: History of Technology, Human Sexuality, U.S. History I & II, Classical Lit, The Bible as Lit, Psychology 101, Shakespeare's Plays, Professional Writing, Media Literacy, Journalism 101, Lit in the Media, Intro to E-Commerce
(07-27-2018, 11:39 AM)badooble Wrote:

Thanks!  Where did you take the money and banking & the business ethics 302?  I really enjoy taking ethics courses.

All of my UL were DSSTs.

If you like ethics you could probably just do the flashcards and pass the business ethics course. Though it will duplicate the free ethics course.
(07-27-2018, 11:44 AM)jjsafari Wrote:
(07-27-2018, 11:39 AM)badooble Wrote:

All of my UL were DSSTs.

If you like ethics you could probably just do the flashcards and pass the business ethics course. Though it will duplicate the free ethics course.

I wouldn't mind that - I have an extra elective course floating around so it wouldn't set me back at all. I also see some folks have been able to take the 2 credit ethics course and the 2 credit UL TEEX CIS 344 course for AOS credit.  Maybe I'll do that, since it's free.  I took one of the TEEX courses, but not CIS 344.
TESU has downgraded some of the DSST's and the TEEX courses, so those may not be an option any longer.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-27-2018, 12:42 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU has downgraded some of the DSST's and the TEEX courses, so those may not be an option any longer.

I was just looking at that on TESU's transfer guide, and getting ready to post a question (you read my mind).  Oh well. Substance Abuse looks interesting, and History of the Soviet Union.  More choices for credit than ever, but It's a job keeping track of what fits where. Definitely a first world problem to have.  Cool
You may want to just take the final course at Study.com, do their other UL History course - I am also looking for my "last" course. As I just finished the History of Vietnam War Today!! I just need that course and the 2018 August LIB 495 Capstone course and I am also done with the BALS! (No concentration) - I am going for the NSM concentration though, so I am doing an extra 5 courses in Comp Sci/CIS.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
There are tons of choices from Study.com. That's the way I would go, for ease (and free transcript to TESU, although I suppose DSST would do the free transcript as well).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-27-2018, 02:26 PM)dfrecore Wrote: although I suppose DSST would do the free transcript as well).

Definitely not free....$30 a pop

https://getcollegecredit.com/images/uplo...script.pdf
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 4,978 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,045 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,703 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 2,888 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU BALS, is the emphasis written on the transcript? posabsolute 21 5,012 08-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: badooble
  BALS plan Johmford 62 17,054 07-26-2018, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Johmford
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,218 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,357 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  Luka1110 - TESU BALS Plan (No Shmoop Please!) bjcheung77 4 1,969 07-08-2018, 06:08 PM