Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA E-books
Does anyone have a list of the WGU e-books used for the MBA program? I don't think I can start the program until next year due to finances, but I want to start studying from the books, resources, and any book quizzes now. I known Cengage Unlimited just started, does WGU use any Cengage materials? 

Meanwhile, I am also signing up for an MBA Core MOOC to help me prepare.

Any resources to prepare would be great! I need to try to keep the MBA program to six months since coming up with the money right now is difficult. 

Thanks!
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetSecret's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(08-07-2018, 09:48 AM)SweetSecret Wrote: Does anyone have a list of the WGU e-books used for the MBA program? I don't think I can start the program until next year due to finances, but I want to start studying from the books, resources, and any book quizzes now. I known Cengage Unlimited just started, does WGU use any Cengage materials? 

Meanwhile, I am also signing up for an MBA Core MOOC to help me prepare.

Any resources to prepare would be great! I need to try to keep the MBA program to six months since coming up with the money right now is difficult. 

Thanks!

I'm starting the MBA IT Management at WGU on September 1st.  If it is allowed I'll share any books used in the courses on this forum when I have access to them.  I plan to start an accountability thread here to help keep myself on task.
WGU MBA IT Management Feb. 2019
Excelsior BSLA April 2018
University of Indianapolis - 61 credits
Davar - Computer Lit, Org Behavior 
DSST - Principles Of Statistics, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision,Substance Abuse 
Excelsior - Bioethics, Assoc Capstone, Bachelors Capstone 
Straighterline - Personal Fitness & Wellness, Cultural Anthropology, Student Success, Criminal Justice, Env Science, Medical Terminology, Pharmacology 1, Bus Ethics
Sophia.org - Effective Teams, Project Management, Intro to Info Tech

(08-09-2018, 12:59 PM)Kima Wrote: I'm starting the MBA IT Management at WGU on September 1st.  If it is allowed I'll share any books used in the courses on this forum when I have access to them.  I plan to start an accountability thread here to help keep myself on task.

I'm hoping you'll be able to post the book name and version (understandable you wouldn't be able to share the actual e-book).  This is likely my next program as well (2019 sometime).  I look forward to reading about your progress!
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-09-2018, 03:57 PM)allvia Wrote:
(08-09-2018, 12:59 PM)Kima Wrote: I'm starting the MBA IT Management at WGU on September 1st.  If it is allowed I'll share any books used in the courses on this forum when I have access to them.  I plan to start an accountability thread here to help keep myself on task.

I'm hoping you'll be able to post the book name and version (understandable you wouldn't be able to share the actual e-book).  This is likely my next program as well (2019 sometime).  I look forward to reading about your progress!

If you're on reddit, the subreddit r/WGU has a lot of people in the MBA program now.

Thanks for mentioning Cengage Unlimited. I just looked into it and it seems great. Do you just pick and choose the textbooks, or are you limited by the courses you're enrolled in at your school? I'm interested in doing it, but I finish my BSBA in the Spring, so its really only worth it if I can share the account with my wife.
First, I have created a pre-enrollment spreadsheet of study materials for people planning to go into the WGU MBA. I will continue to update it as I can. Anyone who has additional information can continue to send me and I will credit you at the bottom. I am especially interested in audiobooks available, PDF book access, and resources like test banks/quizzes/flashcards.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Kima - 

That is awesome! I was hoping to start in September but that is just not going to happen. My financial situation is complicated and I have to round up enough funds. Hopefully I will be right behind you though. How long are you planning to complete it in?

allvia - 

I actually found the master list of the courses for study, which included everything the students need and is included on the spreadsheet in the link above. Unfortunately, some are not actually based off a textbook though. It's also a bit confusing because it looks like WGU is using five learning platforms - Cengage MindTap, Ebook Central, MyEducator, VitalSource, & WileyPlus. 

alexf.1990 - 

It looks like you can pick and choose your textbooks from Cengage Unlimited because anyone can use it. They do have a process though where you can enter an access code, course link, or a course key to be able to see customized materials from the instructor... I suspect the chapters they want you to read and probably the related quizzes or flashcards without feeling overwhelmed by all of the materials that may not be needed.

I don't think there would be a problem for you to share this with your wife unless maybe you both need access to it literally at the same time. In my opinion, the cost is still pretty high to be able to study for the MBA prior to enrollment, but certainly better than forking out another $4K for an additional semester due to running out of time to get through the materials. If I had someone to split it with, I would probably do that in a heartbeat! Honestly, WGU might be smart to create a pre-enrollment option with Cengage Unlimited to get incoming students a discount and more study time. However, that would probably not be financially beneficial to them.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 3 users Like SweetSecret's post:
  • alexf.1990, jsd, MNomadic
I love this thread. I'm considering a second Masters, but probably can't start for a little while. It would be beneficial to start studying on my own between now and then. I'll look forward to updates.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(08-11-2018, 05:05 PM)SweetSecret Wrote: First, I have created a pre-enrollment spreadsheet of study materials for people planning to go into the WGU MBA. I will continue to update it as I can. Anyone who has additional information can continue to send me and I will credit you at the bottom. I am especially interested in audiobooks available, PDF book access, and resources like test banks/quizzes/flashcards.

Kima - 

That is awesome! I was hoping to start in September but that is just not going to happen. My financial situation is complicated and I have to round up enough funds. Hopefully I will be right behind you though. How long are you planning to complete it in?

allvia - 

I actually found the master list of the courses for study, which included everything the students need and is included on the spreadsheet in the link above. Unfortunately, some are not actually based off a textbook though. It's also a bit confusing because it looks like WGU is using five learning platforms - Cengage MindTap, Ebook Central, MyEducator, VitalSource, & WileyPlus. 

alexf.1990 - 

It looks like you can pick and choose your textbooks from Cengage Unlimited because anyone can use it. They do have a process though where you can enter an access code, course link, or a course key to be able to see customized materials from the instructor... I suspect the chapters they want you to read and probably the related quizzes or flashcards without feeling overwhelmed by all of the materials that may not be needed.

I don't think there would be a problem for you to share this with your wife unless maybe you both need access to it literally at the same time. In my opinion, the cost is still pretty high to be able to study for the MBA prior to enrollment, but certainly better than forking out another $4K for an additional semester due to running out of time to get through the materials. If I had someone to split it with, I would probably do that in a heartbeat! Honestly, WGU might be smart to create a pre-enrollment option with Cengage Unlimited to get incoming students a discount and more study time. However, that would probably not be financially beneficial to them.

I see you reference Cengage Unlimited as the go to in the doc. Do you know if CU has audiobooks? I can listen more than I can read....
(09-05-2018, 08:02 AM)jjsafari Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 05:05 PM)SweetSecret Wrote: First, I have created a pre-enrollment spreadsheet of study materials for people planning to go into the WGU MBA. I will continue to update it as I can. Anyone who has additional information can continue to send me and I will credit you at the bottom. I am especially interested in audiobooks available, PDF book access, and resources like test banks/quizzes/flashcards.

Kima - 

allvia - 

alexf.1990 - 

I see you reference Cengage Unlimited as the go to in the doc. Do you know if CU has audiobooks? I can listen more than I can read....

They don't have audiobooks. Their app has a feature that allows a textbook to be read to you. Its a little bit clunky but it works.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great Books dewisant 14 3,087 01-20-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: rachel83az