Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cumberlands PhD in Business - Business Analytics
Hi all,

I am interested in doing a doctorate for several reasons:

1) My field is business analytics, I think it could have value at the right price point.
2) I'd like to teach online part time for fun and to earn a bit of extra cash. Ideally, I'd love to teach full time, but I doubt that will be possible unless I forgo my current career entirely to do a residency based PhD. I would be giving up a pretty lucrative salary and losing a lot in opportunity costs.

Here is my educational profile as of now:

Bachelor of Arts, Georgia Southern University - Modern Languages, Dual major, French and Spanish
Bachelor of Science, Western Governors University - Software Development
Master of Business Administration, Western Governors University - IT Management

Ideally, I would like a degree that focuses on a blend between technology and business. The most affordable regionally accredited distance option I could find was University of The Cumberlands, which offers an RA PhD in business with a specialization in business analytics. It is not accredited by the AACSB, ACBSP, or IACBE.  

Does anyone know anything about this program?
There are a few people on DegreeInfo.com who have done University of the Cumberlands' PhD in education. I think this online business program is new.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(10-07-2018, 07:58 PM)jadoo1989 Wrote: [...]
Ideally, I would like a degree that focuses on a blend between technology and business. The most affordable regionally accredited distance option I could find was University of The Cumberlands, which offers an RA PhD in business with a specialization in business analytics. It is not accredited by the AACSB, ACBSP, or IACBE.  

Does anyone know anything about this program?

I was looking at this school recently and as far as I know, UC is IACBE accredited as a business school. That should include their DBA and PhD in Business.

As for other affordable RA options, you might also consider California Southern University. They are RA and ACBSP accredited and a bit cheaper than UC ($495 per credit vs $500 per credit). Of course, CSU only offers a DBA and not a PhD in Business, which isn't the same thing, particularly if you're using it to teach, but it may be worth considering.

Alternatively, you might also consider Heriot-Watt University. They are a UK school, but offer a PhD in Business as well as a DBA. Online tuition is £350 [$460] per course, plus £150 [$200] for the final exam, which seems pretty affordable.

(10-08-2018, 01:32 AM)sanantone Wrote: There are a few people on DegreeInfo.com who have done University of the Cumberlands' PhD in education. I think this online business program is new.

I believe @RANDOMSOUL is in process of working on a PhD in Leadership from the University of the Cumberlands. So he may also have some insight into this school's PhD programs.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA from Prague University of Economics and Business, 15k Euro durain 6 802 03-17-2024, 12:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  International Business Academy of Scandinavia DBA adrian052 4 516 01-10-2024, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Spain Inter-University Doctoral Programme in Business & Management durain 3 756 11-14-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  PhD - Swiss School of Business Research? michaeladsmith2 15 2,177 10-23-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Has anyone tried esneca business school? aquickquestion 8 1,725 10-06-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  ESC Clermont Business School DBA durain 9 1,645 08-02-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: durain
  Accounting DBA / Global Business Recommendation SomeRandomAccountant 6 1,181 02-05-2023, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Montpellier Business School Online DBA, AACSB durain 14 3,376 06-14-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: durain
Information George Washington University online D.Eng Cyber Analytics (2 year) and others MNomadic 1 910 05-08-2022, 11:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  recommended doctoral programs in Executive/Business Coaching EducationSeeker 6 1,544 01-11-2022, 10:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker